DCI Eastern Classic - Saturday Aug. 6, 2016

So they aren't shipping the guy off to be tried in an old west courtroom whose two options are likely either stringing him up on a tree, or letting him go free to possibly shoot more people?

I don't believe the excitement and majesty of court room drama has been brought to the drum corps field yet.

That's next year's show. :dancin:

Edited by wvu80

Interesting thought for those predicting the top 3 for this coming week: BD has never placed lower than 2nd in Lucas Oil Stadium (if penalties are not counted).

Not that history means anything.... But it does mean something!

I'm sure all three corps have SOMETHING up their sleeve, but I'm still inclined to side with BD more often than not when it comes to late season surges. Finals night will certainly be interesting.

I'm hoping DCI isn't going to try to break open these small gaps like they have in past years towards the end of the season.

Last year was the only one of BD's zillion championship seasons in which they came from behind to win finals week.

Otherwise you are right. Never count them out.

Last year was the only one of BD's zillion championship seasons in which they came from behind to win finals week.

Otherwise you are right. Never count them out.

But didn't they go into quarterfinals with the lead?

Everyone is talking as if these scores are perfectly comparable, but shouldn't it matter that tonight's corps had an additional day to practice?

.... or that 4 of the 12 Corps tonite had their scores go DOWN tonite in Allentown despite an extra 2-4 days of practice before tonite's competition ( not 1) ?

Edited by BRASSO

BIG PICTURE/Soapbox:

Did everybody hear the Crown Drum Major interview after the show? Her comment was extremely topical to our current societal struggles.

She said with all the gun violence and shootings recently, Crown wanted to go away from a "relentless and revenge" to show mercy and not end the show with a killing. To show mercy is the answer.

Interesting.

As much as I appreciate this, and as much as I wasn't thrilled with their choice of story all summer (I live a mile from Pulse and was personally affected by the shootings), I couldn't help feeling tonight that this new ending was simply not as effective as the old.

Whether I liked it or not, there was more clarity in the previous version. The new one seems a bit mushy, partly because of how it is staged with the big granting of mercy taking place in a confusing gaggle of guard people. The old verison was crystal clear on top of the stagecoach. BANG - got him. Paybacks a b*tch.

Now - harder to quickly grasp what is going on, with several characters and a lot of rushed acting.

Sat recap is up now, no Friday yet.

http://recaps.competitionsuite.com/361f6d9a-78fa-4d53-afb9-b974f3b5d33d_category.htm

Edited by wvu80