Tour of Champions Massillon, Ohio 8/8/16

First, I don't think that thinking your corps is going to move up is arrogant. That is what has been thrown at me.

Second, you have to admit that there is a lot of talk on the Cadets thread about being in a certain distance from the corps who have consistently beat them this year, and that the possibility of them moving into the top three is a real possibility. I have no problem with that thinking, and I am on record as saying that DCI is a better place when the Cadets are competing for the top spot.

Again, I don't see that as arrogance. I see it as a realistic approach based on the past performance of the Cadets.

Not sure if that's a bad thing to think about or to be optimistic about. Hell, it happened to Phantom in 2008. Phantom's show was excellent, but I don't see what's wrong with being optimistic.

Most likely because every fan in that stadium knew that Crown should've won. Whether it was a bad run or not. When you're front running and/or close to being the front runner, more people will root for you.

Blue Devils had the best run of that season on finals night and took home gold. Not because they deserved it or that the judges judged "right" but because BD was solid that night.

Well, the fans don't judge, do they? According to the assessment of the shows, based on the sheets, the people in charge of crowning the victor gave the title to BD, and deservedly so. Crown was great, and maybe in a different year, they could have won against different show design. But what BD did with "INK" during finals week pushed them over the top. Clara was the kicker.

To say they didn't "deserve" to win smacks of the same arrogance that you are accusing me of exhibiting.

• Like 1

Most likely because every fan in that stadium knew that Crown should've won. Whether it was a bad run or not. When you're front running and/or close to being the front runner, more people will root for you.

Blue Devils had the best run of that season on finals night and took home gold. Not because they deserved it or that the judges judged "right" but because BD was solid that night.

I am a Carolina Crown honk from hell, but I agreed with second place for my corps last year. There were several spots in the show where miniscule hiccups occurred that were not characteristic for the corps, and that's what cost them the gold.

The Devils in Blue had the better run on finals night. The only major screw up I noticed was during the rifle exchange on the ladders. The feature was fairly exposed and it stuck out. Other than that, Blue Devils had their best run on finals night and thanks to Crowns case of the hiccups, BD flew past.

This year anything can happen between the top 3.

With that being said, I thought we out the troll to sleep last night? I guess it was only a 12 hour tranquilizer.

Here's to another fun filled night on DCP!

Edited to add that I am in no way condoning JSD's actions.

Edited by UKSuperman
  • Like 1

Not sure if that's a bad thing to think about or to be optimistic about. Hell, it happened to Phantom in 2008. Phantom's show was excellent, but I don't see what's wrong with being optimistic.

I don't disagree. I think the optimism is exactly what should be happening, and I have posted nothing to the contrary. Again: I think the activity is better when Cadets are kicking ###.

The difference is that I posted that I am pretty sure BD will pull it off this week, and was called "arrogant" for such a supposition.

• Like 1

Well, the fans don't judge, do they? According to the assessment of the shows, based on the sheets, the people in charge of crowning the victor gave the title to BD, and deservedly so. Crown was great, and maybe in a different year, they could have won against different show design. But what BD did with "INK" during finals week pushed them over the top. Clara was the kicker.

To say they didn't "deserve" to win smacks of the same arrogance that you are accusing me of exhibiting.

Does anyone deserve to win? No, they earn it.

I am a Carolina Crown honk from hell, but I agreed with second place for my corps last year. There were several spots in the show where miniscule hiccups occurred that were not characteristic for the corps, and that's what cost them the gold.

The Devils in Blue had the better run on finals night. The only major screw up I noticed was during the rifle exchange on the leaders. The feature was fairly exposed and it stuck out. Other than that, Blue Devils had their best run on finals night and thanks to Crowns case of the hiccups, BD flew past.

With that being said, I thought we out the troll to sleep last night? I guess it was only a 12 hour tranquilizer.

If you actually read what I post, you will realize I am not a troll. I support my corps the same way you support yours.

And, I agree. Anything can happen in the top three this year. I just believe, based on history, that BD wins out and three-peats.

The Devils in Blue had the better run on finals night. The only major screw up I noticed was during the rifle exchange on the ladders. The feature was fairly exposed and it stuck out. Other than that, Blue Devils had their best run on finals night and thanks to Crowns case of the hiccups, BD flew past.

It's not my job to judge corps, obviously. I will say that BD earned it. Crown had a bad run that night and they left the door open.

Does anyone deserve to win? No, they earn it.

Yep. There are corps who "deserve" to win, and that doesn't always happen. The argument can be made that Crown "deserved" to win last year. The argument can be made that BD "deserved" to win in '88. There are a plethora of shows that "deserved" to win, but did not.

Lots of components have to align for a corps to win a championship. That doesn't always happen.

I don't disagree. I think the optimism is exactly what should be happening, and I have posted nothing to the contrary. Again: I think the activity is better when Cadets are kicking ###.

The difference is that I posted that I am pretty sure BD will pull it off this week, and was called "arrogant" for such a supposition.

Well, given BD's history, I wouldn't be surprised, nor do I think you should be classified as arrogant for thinking that.

Addressing your edit: what is offensive about my "actions" that aren't on every other thread on this board?