Tour of Champions Massillon, Ohio 8/8/16

I would ask those who are staff of BD, affiliated with BD, or BD alumni or homers, or even just BD fans, if jsd's statements reflect your opinion as well?

No they don't. He is speaking on his own and not on behalf of all BD fans.

• Like 2

How are bluecoats getting 97 and 95 in VA? They are dirtier than crown, Cadets, and Scv.

No, they are not dirtier than Cadets or SCV. Crown, yes, and I think Crown beat them in Visual Proficiency. Visual Analysis is a different category. Here the judges analyze the content and construction of your visual program. The Bluecoats have one of the best constructed visual programs going. Even if it's not perfectly clean the judges can see that their content is magnificent. Visual Analysis takes into consideration all things visual. Not just feet or body, but drill, staging, props, coordination, and demand of the total visual program. Visual Proficiency is how well you perform that content.

• Like 3

How are bluecoats getting 97 and 95 in VA? They are dirtier than crown, Cadets, and Scv.

well... they are dirtier than Crown but let's not get crazy

• Like 1

Well you said the key word demand. Nobody has more demand than Weber drill and whoever writes for Cadets now. Best visual books written year after year. When I can watch the show on every webcast knowing the same person will be late to the move I don't think you should be box 5 edging to box 6 (WGI boxes where 6 is 98-100). Box 5 means everybody all the time and it isn't there. IMO BD is the only visual close to everybody all the time.

nm

Edited by Jurassic Lancer

So Crown won Guard, Brass and PERCUSSION! The times, they are a changin'.

• Like 1

Best Use of Props:

Who else? Bluecoats.

I would go with Crown in second place. The Stagecoach as a minimalist visual symbol for the entire presentation is incredibly effective without having to hit you over the head with it.

For the "No Props" award Santa Clara Vanguard is just flat out old school drum corps in the finest tradition. For the reason alone I hope they win!

Not last night they were not.

From where I was sitting I saw several shorter diagonals from Crown that weren't all that straight. Vanguard was "dirty" too, with their 40 yard-long diagonal lines, which despite not being "perfect" were simply spectacular!

• Like 1