2017 PREDICTIONS!

12 hours ago, DasTuba said:

Man people are really hyping Boston and counting out Crown. I think Boston sees an improvement this year but not enough to pass the likes of crown, Cavies, or cadets. Yeah crown is going through a lot of staff changes, but there's still too much talent there to drop them that far imo. We'll see what happens though.

In today's DCI, show design > talent

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

In today's DCI, show design > talent

Agreed.  And wait until you see the actual show.  It's heartening to see all the great reviews of last night's standstill, but as one who has seen the actual show (and also being a visual guy), I can't wait for folks to see it.  There is a full field performance (in uniform) tomorrow night, and I'll be interested to see if any DCPers go and give us their reviews. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Liahona said:

I already did the statistical analysis...BAC prediction during the off-season has been 9th btw...

Shortly after all the staff changes were announced last year, I put the over/under at 8.5 for BAC. After what has been released, I will take the under. I am thinking 7-8 is a pretty fair guess.

Edited by Jurassic Lancer
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, cowtown said:

The irrational exuberance of the pre-season, when anything is still possible  

Well, the etymology of the term " fan "  historically does in fact come from the full word .... " fanatical ". And " fanatical " does indeed connote something or other expressed with " irrational exuberance ". I suppose that without such " fanatics "  sports teams, Drum Corps, etc would cease to exist. So I guess we should be eternally grateful for the " cockeyed optimists " amongst us that we encounter each off season.

Edited by BRASSO

I'm still thinking Boston will be around 9. Music sounds great but there's a lot of competition in the way up. But I haven't seen the live show with drill yet so my prediction is pretty meaningless. I think 2018 could be the year they start pushing into 6-8 territory. I'll have a truly updated prediction once I see the show all together.

I wanna know more about what Madison and Crossmen are doing. Blue Stars leaked video was nice but I'm just not as impressed as some others have been.

11 minutes ago, Narrow said:

I'm still thinking Boston will be around 9. Music sounds great but there's a lot of competition in the way up. But I haven't seen the live show with drill yet so my prediction is pretty meaningless. I think 2018 could be the year they start pushing into 6-8 territory. I'll have a truly updated prediction once I see the show all together.

I wanna know more about what Madison and Crossmen are doing. Blue Stars leaked video was nice but I'm just not as impressed as some others have been.

It's funny my reaction was a bit different 

I thought the music sounded good, but the horns were clearly playing way over the edge. I guess the time of the year to build chops. And I also found the battery parts overwritten for the members, but they will clean that sound out

i honestly expect the visual to be the corps strength with visual elements scoring in the upper six and possible close to medal level in some sub captions

thst guard in particular may shock the DCI world

JMO