• Like 6

3 hours ago, DrumManTx said:

I GET TO BE THERE!!!

:D

Me too!

7 hours ago, Liahona said:

I just want to say...

GO MANDARINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mandarins are ballers this year. I hope you get to see this show live. They blew me away in Riverside. Not to mention they threw down in the lot beforehand.

• Like 5

10 hours ago, DrumManTx said:

I GET TO BE THERE!!!

:D

Jealous

Man, last years sub 15th corps are really hitting it out of the park this year.  

• Mandarins are looking very solid for a top 15 season and many are saying this is their best show ever (and I agree).  
  • Oregon Crusaders have a much more clear product with an even better brass line that will be pushing VERY high and a much improved color guard.  
  • Pacific Crest IMO has a much more mature/deep product this year.   
  • Spirit of Atlanta has a much more uniquely designed show and killer music captions.  
  • Seattle Cascades are marching their biggest corps ever, has an incredibly clear and fantastically executed design, and are stronger in just about every possible way.  
  • Genesis is doing another incredibly difficulty and World Class level show and much stronger out the gate at that.  
  • Jersey Surf has a much more mature/World Class design.  
  • Pioneer is doing pretty well again.  

Then you throw in Open Class:

• Vanguard Cadets and BDB continue to be World Class corps in Open Class clothing. 
  • Music City is off to a fantastic start and looking at a potential medalist/semifinalist season.
  • Legends have a fundamentally fantastic approach to everything musically and a more mature and difficult show.  They'll be in the thick of it for an OC medal/semifinals spot.
  • Haven't seen any of Spartans/7th Regiment but they were scoring very well in their first few shows.  
  • You have a slew of corps like Louisiana Stars, Guardians, Raiders, River City Rhythm, Shadow, Colt Cadets, etc. all better every year and 4 of them newer.
  • Southwind was great last year and coming back to the national stage for the first time in a decade.
  • And then there are the countless amazing newer corps doing regional tours like The Battalion, Columbians, Golden Empire, Heat Wave, Watchment, etc. all doing fantastic things (The Battalion is setting off alarms for the next big thing in OC for me).  

So if you look past even the top 15, man.......this season is gonna be incredibly exciting.  Trying to predict/score prelims and semis seems like an incredibly immense task with 40 corps showing up this year.  

So I predict......this could be the strongest year in the modern era, but maybe in not the place most people look at to make that designation.  When you look at the whole picture down to 40th place.  Wow.  Exciting stuff!  I'm SO HAPPY they're broadcasting Open Class Championships!  

Ok I'm done.  Carry on.  

• Like 4

9 hours ago, DrumManTx said:

Man, last years sub 15th corps are really hitting it out of the park this year.  

• Mandarins are looking very solid for a top 15 season and many are saying this is their best show ever (and I agree).  
  • Oregon Crusaders have a much more clear product with an even better brass line that will be pushing VERY high and a much improved color guard.  
  • Pacific Crest IMO has a much more mature/deep product this year.   
  • Spirit of Atlanta has a much more uniquely designed show and killer music captions.  
  • Seattle Cascades are marching their biggest corps ever, has an incredibly clear and fantastically executed design, and are stronger in just about every possible way.  
  • Genesis is doing another incredibly difficulty and World Class level show and much stronger out the gate at that.  
  • Jersey Surf has a much more mature/World Class design.  
  • Pioneer is doing pretty well again.  

Then you throw in Open Class:

• Vanguard Cadets and BDB continue to be World Class corps in Open Class clothing. 
  • Music City is off to a fantastic start and looking at a potential medalist/semifinalist season.
  • Legends have a fundamentally fantastic approach to everything musically and a more mature and difficult show.  They'll be in the thick of it for an OC medal/semifinals spot.
  • Haven't seen any of Spartans/7th Regiment but they were scoring very well in their first few shows.  
  • You have a slew of corps like Louisiana Stars, Guardians, Raiders, River City Rhythm, Shadow, Colt Cadets, etc. all better every year and 4 of them newer.
  • Southwind was great last year and coming back to the national stage for the first time in a decade.
  • And then there are the countless amazing newer corps doing regional tours like The Battalion, Columbians, Golden Empire, Heat Wave, Watchment, etc. all doing fantastic things (The Battalion is setting off alarms for the next big thing in OC for me).  

So if you look past even the top 15, man.......this season is gonna be incredibly exciting.  Trying to predict/score prelims and semis seems like an incredibly immense task with 40 corps showing up this year.  

So I predict......this could be the strongest year in the modern era, but maybe in not the place most people look at to make that designation.  When you look at the whole picture down to 40th place.  Wow.  Exciting stuff!  I'm SO HAPPY they're broadcasting Open Class Championships!  

Ok I'm done.  Carry on.  

Your post reminds me that this year, I am looking at shows purely from an enjoyment perspective.  I am REALLY trying not to care about scores.  It is a tall order but the entertainment value this year is off the charts.  Regardless of how anyone's beloved corps places, it is a year to sit back and take in the continued evolution at ALL levels of this amazing activity.

Edited by luv4corps
  • Like 3

49 minutes ago, luv4corps said:

Your post reminds me that this year, I am looking at shows purely from an enjoyment perspective.  I am REALLY trying not to care about scores.  It is a tall order but the entertainment value this year is off the charts.  Regardless of how anyone's beloved corps places, it is a year to sit back and take in the continued evolution at ALL levels of this amazing activity.

I absolutely agree! Anybody that believes this year is anything but spectacular is just kidding themselves. 

• Like 2