Staff merri-go-round

George Hopkins is a cerebral, reflective, and expressive person. I don't do Facebook, but that entry sounds like it was addressed to members at the close of a long and difficult season.

Yes. He is. And, I love that about him. I am hoping that great quote is just that...a thoughtful and expressive way to reach out to the Cadets who are feeling the letdown of those first few days at the end of the season.

But, that same expressive guy could be talking from a couple of angles...

I am hoping for the very best. And, I will be rooting for Cadets the whole way.

Don't let the facts get in the way with Jeff Ream though. He gets real annoyed when we do this ( haha!)

Read up. I'll laugh

Thanks...I have already done that. I am not worried about the influence of any others. I am referring to one rumor about one person that is ridiculous, silly and malicious.

If you have information exonerating a person, then perhaps you should share that instead of making continually veiled accusations, now on multiple threads, that appear to serve no purpose.

I hear you, but the REAL story is, are the Cadets in some turmoil? The Cadets are a MAJOR brand. Maybe the most talked about DCI corps. I wish them all the best and hope these talks of employees and instructors leaving is much ado about nothing.

Anything concerning staff I heard a week ago. I kept it quiet out of respect for the source

• Like 2

That's a rumor floating too but I don't know how true it is

I thought to myself LAST YEAR when I heard Hop was planning on taking over as program director that something was funny going on. How he could possibly balance Cadets and C2 and give 100% to both organizations is a mystery to me. But then its George Hopkins.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsnKhnJyiUQ

Add Jay Bocook to your list. I was told (by someone on staff) he also tendered his resignation.

He did a nice job in the Prelims cinema pre-performance interview, I thought.

I recall talking to Mike Corrigan (a.k.a. the BAC Horn Doctor) during the 2015 season about when Boston was a part of YEA (back when he was in the corps), and I take it on his authority that they really were part of the organization to keep the corps around.

Fan1993, on 15 Aug 2016 - 01:41 AM, said:snapback.png

For those who say people are not reveling in seeing the cadets destroyed-just read this post by poppycock. This person and others are malicious people who are out to destroy the cadets, yea, and hop and taking pleasure in it. Ask Kathy santo. She is head of the club. (Evidence you say? How many yea employees now work for her? And they get paid to post on glass door as part of their job for the dog training company.) look at her Facebook from last September. She's been actively trying to destroy hop. Sick! All of you who want cadets gone-be careful what you ask for. And yet today, on fb, there is post after post after post from the members of the 2016 cadets talking about this being the best summer of their lives, learning hard and great life lessons from hop about working hard, never giving up, working till the very end , thanking staff and hop, calling cadets their home. They don't sound miserable at all-but rather very very thankful and proud to be cadets in 2016.

This is the post I am referring to. Whoever wrote this is making this nonsense up. I have known Kathy for many years and she is a great person and she is not doing any of this. People wrote these reviews on their own. Period. No one paid them...this is complete and total lunacy!!

• Like 4

Stop it. You're being ridiculous.

This thread isn't over the top at all, and if you really think DCP is that bad, close your browser window.

Yeah, I've just started reading this thread, and at least up to this post of yours (#229), the overwhelming tone of the discussion has been one of concern, not ridicule or glee. One of DCI's most successful corps losing so many staff at once is a serious problem, and the responses here indicate that people realize that and are worried.

• Like 2