Staff merri-go-round

Just FYI folks, this thread is being monitored by the mods and, with one exception, the posts have passed muster - IMO sanitizing the board would be a disservice to the members and the activity. We only try to keep the place clean, safe, interesting and on topic. Discussion, debate and diversity is encouraged and healthy.....down to a certain point, of course.

Sorry for the interruption. Time to head back to "the cave" to stir the cauldron, light a candle and groove to some incantations.

Carry on....

Bah-weep grannah, weep ninny-bon.

One whole internet dollar for any child of the 80s that gets that reference.

• Like 3

transformers

Winnah winnah...

Incidentally, that film just hit it's 30th anniversary back on the 8th.

Now... if you'll excuse me, there are some kids on my lawn I need to go scare off with a shotgun.

• Like 2

Winnah winnah...

Incidentally, that film just hit it's 30th anniversary back on the 8th.

Now... if you'll excuse me, there are some kids on my lawn I need to go scare off with a shotgun.

it also has the best stan bush song of all time

• Like 1

Word on the street is the Couchmen are cleaning house with their entire staff, getting tired halfway through and then giving up.

" Whenever the irresistible urge comes over me to exercise, I immediately lie down, till the feeling passes ".

Irish Humorist, P.J. McEvoy

For those who say people are not reveling in seeing the cadets destroyed-just read this post by poppycock. This person and others are malicious people who are out to destroy the cadets, yea, and hop and taking pleasure in it. Ask Kathy santo. She is head of the club. (Evidence you say? How many yea employees now work for her? And they get paid to post on glass door as part of their job for the dog training company.) look at her Facebook from last September. She's been actively trying to destroy hop. Sick! All of you who want cadets gone-be careful what you ask for. And yet today, on fb, there is post after post after post from the members of the 2016 cadets talking about this being the best summer of their lives, learning hard and great life lessons from hop about working hard, never giving up, working till the very end , thanking staff and hop, calling cadets their home. They don't sound miserable at all-but rather very very thankful and proud to be cadets in 2016.

It appears you've made a serious allegation directly against a person you publicly named. I hope you really have evidence because what you included in your rant is not evidence (employees working for her being paid to post on Glass Door for a dog training company?). tread carefully.

I was going to make a joke about playing Rocky Point Holiday backwards tonight when the sun goes down, but I see that joke has been played out.

• Like 2

. Ask Kathy santo. She is head of the club. How many yea employees now work for her? And they get paid to post on glass door as part of their job for the dog training company.) . She's been actively trying to destroy hop.

Thats not right. That place should be going to the dogs, imo.

• Like 1

Yes. It's always great to take joy in the failure of others. Makes for a great story.

I'm not saying it's right. Im just saying it's happening. Let's face it, George had made himself such a lightning rod so many times that for many it's impossible to separate the man and the corps.

If he posted more "we" and less "I", it may be different

• Like 1

I don't think anyone is suggesting he's all bad. Heck, George is a major reason DCI has remained successful and relevant, and without his leadership, The Cadets would have been dead and buried decades ago, Crossmen would have gone the way of the dodo, Crown and Boston would likely never have developed into what it has become (people forget they were once pst of YEA), there would be no USBands circuit, and there would be no Cadets2.

Boston was never part of YEA. Boston did what they did all by themselves, meaning it was all their own alumni and supporters. Boston went through some pretty difficult times to say the least. Few here on DCP will ever know all the details, but a few here know most od the details. At the end of the 82 season Boston was all but gone. A small group of people committed in September of 82 to reboot. It has take most of the past 34 years for the organization to be in the amazingly strong position they are in. There were many staff changes and many management changes. Many staff and management people moved on, on their own, recognizing that the organization needed to evolve. That may be part of the remedy for the Cadets if that is what is deemed necessary. Many of those very same people continue to this day, supporting the corps. There have been other changes in staff and management over the years that were made necessary to further improve the corps and the organization. A single step back can lead to many steps forward.

What I am getting at is Cadets MAY or MAY NOT be going through some difficulties, we as bystanders (which is most of us here on DCP) are only speculating and reacting to previous negativity about certain people and perceived current conditions. Unless you are right there bearing witness on a daily basis all you have are assumptions. Smoking gun or rumor, I'll keep my thoughts about that blah blah to myself until I know for sure what the facts are. The rest is only "I told you so" or "I knew it all along" baloney, when nothing is truly affirmed.

To supporters like 2000 Cadet, hang in there. Things will work out. There may be some stress and distress but things will be better. I have seen it. Best of luck to all the Cadets.

• Like 4