2017 Boston Crusaders

Its not Drum Corps... but its a nice, current story with Boston ties, and speaks to sportsmanship in competition... universal values, imo :

http://www.boston.com/sports/olympics/2016/08/16/watch-new-england-olympian-abbey-dagostino-embodies-spirit-of-sportsmanship

• Like 2

Boston had to give up 2 1st round future draft picks to the team from Allentown however... just sayin'.

This is like winning the World Series after eliminating the Hated Evil Empire!

To posters on this 2017 site here; please be classy, do not gloat. Boston just signed 2 top instructors from Cadets who are clearly having some amount of distress. Please no "Evil Empire" stuff no more "stolen" Photoshopping like was done on another site. Be happy, move forward. It is a good thing.

• Like 1

To posters on this 2017 site here; please be classy, do not gloat. Boston just signed 2 top instructors from Cadets who are clearly having some amount of distress. Please no "Evil Empire" stuff no more "stolen" Photoshopping like was done on another site. Be happy, move forward. It is a good thing.

It's going to happen...That was done on another social media site...Emotions are HIGH right now...I haven't interpreted any gloating in this thread per se...but maybe my inherent excitement is clouding me seeing that...

It's hard to fight the power of dank memes.

• Like 2

Just to add to what BRASSO just said....

For the record, I am not at all in the loop of BAC staffing decisions. Having said that, it would seem to me that the mere idea that Colin and Gino made their decisions based on the Cadets' ultimate 6th place finish is not believable. Clearly, the folks in Hyde Park have been working on this for some time, probably had some extended negotions, and finally came to agreement. BAC must have made it worth their while. This doesn't feel to me as if it was last minute or rushed in any way. I also have reason to believe that Boston might well have more to announce in the very near future.

A couple folks here on DCP recently questioned why BAC has a 42 member Board and why does the corps spend so much time doing things like Tanglewood, Boston Pops, and Boston Financial District events.

It would seem that we now have our answer.

• Like 5