2017 Boston Crusaders

7 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Thanks to BAC for sharing their wonderful performance with us.  

Agree...thanks to all. WOW!!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

I have such mixed feelings. Legacy organizations tossing away decades of emotional goodwill. It's quite risky to say the least. 

BD has always done a good job of maintaining their identity while modernizing their recognizable uniform along the way

It can be done with great design.

How's your neck?...LOL

Listening now.

Wow, I've never heard Moonlight Sonata that way before! Makes BK's version from last year sound tame. Scythian Suite is great too, a bit choppy, but certainly keeping the integrity of the original!

Question... Was the siren an actual sound effect, or is that just the streets of Boston?

The "drum break after the opener" thing sounds a bit like Inferno, but it works in this case! Also, the pre-recorded narration works as well and fits with the arrangements to a T.

Am I the only one who notices the handbells playing Clair de Lune?

Ugh, another vocalist... (Sorry, she sounds great, but she does sail over the brass just like the one in 2015. Hopefully she will be integrated well visually)

The Ginastera arrangement is fantastic!

Great ending! I'd be curious to see how they carry out this "execution," if there is one, without making it too grisly (I'm sure some of you may already know, but I'd rather wait until I see it myself to find out). And perhaps there could be an alternate ending later in which the accused is found innocent, a la Crown 2016?

Overall, this is a fantastic thematic vehicle, and perhaps the most cohesive musical book I've heard from them. Looking forward to their progress this season!

• Like 3

Unfortunately was out all day, anyone have a recording of this I can listen to 

5 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

Unfortunately was out all day, anyone have a recording of this I can listen to 

https://www.facebook.com/BostonCrusaders/videos/1463837690326836/

just skip around a bit...field show toward end...

Edited by Liahona
  • Like 2

48 minutes ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

Great ending! I'd be curious to see how they carry out this "execution," if there is one, without making it too grisly (I'm sure some of you may already know, but I'd rather wait until I see it myself to find out). And perhaps there could be an alternate ending later in which the accused is found innocent, a la Crown 2016?

Trying to not sound sick in what I'm about to say.......

Please no.........I'm so sick of the good having to triumph in the end crap.  I feel like it would totally contradict the entire rest of the show and kill the darker tone.   

In the voiceovers you can hear the male voice mention Bridget Bishop.  Bridget Bishop was, long story short, the first one executed during Salem Witch Trials events of 1692.  

I would rather there be historical accuracy/venturing into what actually happened than editing it into something that isn't so......taboo. 

I love that this show is seemingly telling a story that is pretty risky/not looked upon in a positive light and not shying away from it.  Takes some balls IMO.  

This isn't a happy show.  It isn't a happy subject.   And that's okay. I've been waiting for a show with this kind of tone/subject matter in drum corps for about as long as I've been following the activity.  The emotional potential is pretty massive depending on how they portray this visually.   I can't wait to see that......

I am not saying I am gonna get joy  out of it, but I'm excited to see a show that isn't afraid to commit to its inspirations and not lighten it up.   

Edited by DrumManTx
  • Like 6