2017 Boston Crusaders

I presume the next part of Chris Holland's masterplan is to make them all honorary Crusaders. Cronin, get on this quick!

http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2016/10/31/more-than-mass-residents-made-more-than-million-here-where-they-live/vj9yf8StNzBotnA5upfKCK/story.html?p1=Article_Trending_Most_Viewed

I presume the next part of Chris Holland's masterplan is to make them all honorary Crusaders. Cronin, get on this quick!

http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2016/10/31/more-than-mass-residents-made-more-than-million-here-where-they-live/vj9yf8StNzBotnA5upfKCK/story.html?p1=Article_Trending_Most_Viewed

This is a lot of non-sense IMO.

Not a WGI guard/percussion follower, but that was a nice routine. But, it seems to me with a large brass line, around 18/19 percussion line, larger props these days, and all three are filling a lot of field space, it can be a challenge to not have a guard section get lost at times in all the bodies and props around them. Plus, there are other visual folks on staff who have to put the whole corps together and not just one section like WGI staff and might have more say on what is allowed. I'm always impressed by how the whole show is put together by all corps.

Inspire Arts & Music, and the Boston Crusaders, along with the 7th Regiment Youth Performing Arts Organization and 7th Regiment Drum and Bugle Corps are excited to announce that the two organizations will be operating under a Partnership Agreement effective immediately.

http://bostoncrusaders.org/2016/11/boston-crusaders-partner-with-7th-regiment/

edited to add: from the article...........

This partnership will allow both organizations to collaborate, share resources, and share best practices. Our designers and teaching staff are excited to be a resource and assist in any way.................

This new partnership furthers the mission of Inspire and allows the organizations to collaborate and create educational and business opportunities. “There are lots of things we can do together, from audition camps and performances, to hosting shows and sharing resources.

Edited by Barneveld
  • Like 1

Inspire Arts & Music, and the Boston Crusaders, along with the 7th Regiment Youth Performing Arts Organization and 7th Regiment Drum and Bugle Corps are excited to announce that the two organizations will be operating under a Partnership Agreement effective immediately.

http://bostoncrusaders.org/2016/11/boston-crusaders-partner-with-7th-regiment/

And the hits keep on coming!

I think BAC partnering with 7th Regiment will be positive. I think 7th Regiment understands its mission and provides a good experience for its members. They have a lot of young members and each year they seem to produce shows that are crowd pleaders, with enough elements that display the talent of the members and enough difficulty to push the members and keep them interested in the show. They have a spirited rivalry with fellow New Enland drum corps Spartans. There are also little things they do that have nothing to do with their on field performance that impress me. They have invited Les Stentors to join them on family day, and they had an exhibition for the community where admission was canned goods for a local food pantry.

I know in the past some kids who marched with 7th Regiment who decided to march in a WC corps marched with BAC. I know quite a few alums hoped more Boston area kids would march with Boston Crusaders, this could potentially help in this regard.

I agree with the above posters that the relationship of BAC and 7th Regiment may be beneficial to both, but particularly for 7th Regiment.

New London has been economically struggling whenever Navy or Coast Guard defense budgets are cut for Groton and New London, pharmaceutical giants move from the area, and the small colleges in the area grow smaller or with less reserves. This leaves fewer and fewer local commercial sponsorships viable. While many outside CT feel CT is financially affluent, Nutmeggers know quite differently as witnessed as the outflow of retirees, recently graduated, and millennials.

Public relations as in promoting themselves has never been a great strength of 7th Regiment as the founding fathers and the alumni association, a hold-over from the Surfers drum corps days of the 1980's and before often felt overwhelmed in the advancement of DCI. Only an infusion of Florida members, volunteers, and drivers allowed the corps to move forward in 2016. Even in CT h.s. programs, 7th Regiment is not really known; folks interested in drum corps move directly to Cadets, Crown, Bluecoats, and Boston. CT has always been a pipeline for Phantom Regiment horn players and 7th Regiment has lost several dedicated MMs over the years to Rockford. Most of 7th Regiment's MMs moving to WC have done wonderfully given the strong training they had received in Open Class. A few have marched CT Hurricanes in DCA but far fewer than one might presume.

The faculty of 7th Regiment the last dozen seasons have included quite a number of folks with Cadets experience. Now those who were faculty for them at Cadets, and those who taught many of the faculty of 7th Regiment are now at BAC. It might ease the flow between corps, but I suspect that Open Class MMs and their wallets will choose whatever corps they and their family feel best for them, regardless of administrative packaging. If BAC does well competitively in '17, the flow will be more rapid.

I agree with the above posters that the relationship of BAC and 7th Regiment may be beneficial to both, but particularly for 7th Regiment.

New London has been economically struggling whenever Navy or Coast Guard defense budgets are cut for Groton and New London, pharmaceutical giants move from the area, and the small colleges in the area grow smaller or with less reserves. This leaves fewer and fewer local commercial sponsorships viable. While many outside CT feel CT is financially affluent, Nutmeggers know quite differently as witnessed as the outflow of retirees, recently graduated, and millennials.

Public relations as in promoting themselves has never been a great strength of 7th Regiment as the founding fathers and the alumni association, a hold-over from the Surfers drum corps days of the 1980's and before often felt overwhelmed in the advancement of DCI. Only an infusion of Florida members, volunteers, and drivers allowed the corps to move forward in 2016. Even in CT h.s. programs, 7th Regiment is not really known; folks interested in drum corps move directly to Cadets, Crown, Bluecoats, and Boston. CT has always been a pipeline for Phantom Regiment horn players and 7th Regiment has lost several dedicated MMs over the years to Rockford. Most of 7th Regiment's MMs moving to WC have done wonderfully given the strong training they had received in Open Class. A few have marched CT Hurricanes in DCA but far fewer than one might presume.

The faculty of 7th Regiment the last dozen seasons have included quite a number of folks with Cadets experience. Now those who were faculty for them at Cadets, and those who taught many of the faculty of 7th Regiment are now at BAC. It might ease the flow between corps, but I suspect that Open Class MMs and their wallets will choose whatever corps they and their family feel best for them, regardless of administrative packaging. If BAC does well competitively in '17, the flow will be more rapid.

I didn't know Phantom got many mm's from 7th Regiment, but A few years ago At Bristol I did talk with a young man who marched with 7th Regiment and planned on auditioning for Cadets. He also shared what he loved about 7th Regiment and why if he couldn't afford to march WC, he'd be happy staying put. Someone who overheard the conversation asked if he could interrupt, told him he'd be more likely to find what 7th Regiment offered with Boston Crusaders. Interestingly, the person who interrupted has marched with Phsntom Regiment the previous year.