2017 Boston Crusaders

1 hour ago, Liahona said:

KlVLZ6B.jpg

7th Regiment and The Boston Crusaders first photo together as Inspire Arts Ensembles

We got there just as Boston was about to step off, and had to leave right after their performance, so I missed the 2 Corps of Boston and 7th Regiment lining up for this photo shoot. But this is pretty neat.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, corps8294 said:

Looks like she toned it down a little this year. 

I agree..but a different theme and different tone this year needed to be set...quixotic was supposed to be outlandishly crazy...

• Like 3

7 hours ago, LabMaster said:

I don't agree with this assessment one bit.  Total miss.  It may be a dark theme being a historical one that is from a dark time and culture, but the presentation doesn't come across as dark as you describe.  A brighter piece to counterpoint? Why? So a "dark" theme has a happy moment so we feel relieved?  That would present a design continuity problem. I agree percussion plays a lot of notes.  They generally do. The kids love the show.  That matters a lot.  And the corps will move up.  No doubt about that.  More than a few places.  The show is amazing and is being performed at a high level with a week to go before the first show.

Even the Pilgrims could have fun. For the sake of musical balance and contrast which could enhance the theatrical theme, a piece based on a major key would be of benefit. It's a time tested movie technique. Some highs would make the lows even lower and more profound.

20 minutes ago, Geneva said:

Even the Pilgrims could have fun. For the sake of musical balance and contrast which could enhance the theatrical theme, a piece based on a major key would be of benefit. It's a time tested movie technique. Some highs would make the lows even lower and more profound.

The Pilgrims settled in Plymouth. The Puritans settled in Salem and Boston. The Pilgrims were not terribly well educated, while the Puritans typically were highly educated. While the Pilgrims were Separatists, the Puritans were non-separating Congregationalists...Just sayin'

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, corps8294 said:

What I really want to know is why was the poor Blair Witch left out of the list? :doh::lle::laugh:

Because she was on a witch hunt. :laughing:

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Geneva said:

The Salem witch trials remain one of the most disturbing, traumatic moments in American history, and an example of the perplexingly enigmatic nature of evil. I'm just not sure "highs" would fit in this regard...

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Liahona said:

The Salem witch trials remain one of the most disturbing, traumatic moments in American history, and an example of the perplexingly enigmatic nature of evil. I'm just not sure "highs" would fit in this regard...

It was horrible and I think those Pilgrims need to go to mass and repent and I know just the place...