2017 Boston Crusaders

4 minutes ago, Tobias said:

It was horrible and I think those Pilgrims need to go to mass and repent and I know just the place...

The Pilgrims (radical Puritans) settled in Plymouth. The Puritans settled in Salem and Boston. 

The Puritans were a group of English Reformed Protestants in the 16th and 17th centuries who sought to "purify" the Church of England from its "Catholic" practices, maintaining that the Church of England was only partially reformed.

Interesting the stark contrast in shows between the Cadets versus Boston this year...a little too profound if you ask me...

Edited by Liahona
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, Geneva said:

Even the Pilgrims could have fun. For the sake of musical balance and contrast which could enhance the theatrical theme, a piece based on a major key would be of benefit. It's a time tested movie technique. Some highs would make the lows even lower and more profound.

Ugh seriously? This isn't Carolina Crown man. 

Sometimes dissonance and minor keys just fit a show theme a lot better. Just because some corps feel the need to ram a major key chord in almost every movement they do to get some cheers does not mean other corps need to sacrifice their theme to do so as well. 

Like you said, this is a theatrical theme. It's theatre on the football field. They should play music that plays the part of the theme.

• Like 6

16 minutes ago, Tobias said:

It was horrible and I think those Pilgrims need to go to mass and repent and I know just the place...

They needeth not a borgish benediction. Fantastic show, BAC!!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

Ugh seriously? This isn't Carolina Crown man. 

Sometimes dissonance and minor keys just fit a show theme a lot better. Just because some corps feel the need to ram a major key chord in almost every movement they do to get some cheers does not mean other corps need to sacrifice their theme to do so as well. 

Like you said, this is a theatrical theme. It's theatre on the football field. They should play music that plays the part of the theme.

Looks like  everything is base around their horn line.  Always had a good horn line.

I'm jealous...a nice BBQ today :)

19274902_1466574036719868_16567388803013

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Geneva said:

Even the Pilgrims could have fun. For the sake of musical balance and contrast which could enhance the theatrical theme, a piece based on a major key would be of benefit. It's a time tested movie technique. Some highs would make the lows even lower and more profound.

I would assume the brass and percussion writers are aware and quite possibly explored this.   From what I heard, the entire music book is pretty solid.  Great brass, great percussion, great front ensemble. No worries about music.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, corps8294 said:

What I really want to know is why was the poor Blair Witch left out of the list? :doh::lle::laugh:

because she is from western MD?

• Like 1