2017 Boston Crusaders

57 minutes ago, Geneva said:

Very dark show as would be anticipated from the theme. I wish that the musical directors had seen fit to include at least one brighter and lighter piece to counterpoint their production. This show reminds me of the mood created by Crown's show last year. I think that a big part of the appeal of Bluecoats show last year was its brightness. 

I wish the music stood on its own better. I am sure that the visual presentation will bring out the music as will the spatial separation of percussion and pit from the horn line.

The depth, strength and tightness of the brass seem at a higher level than last year at this time. Percussion seems to be playing a lot of notes with conviction and facility. I love the kids energy in the performance! It looks like they will have a good time with this show.

I am not a fan of the slavish concept of theme over music.  

Best of luck, Boston, on the coming season. I hope to see you move up.

Counterpoint: purely dark shows are ####### awesome 

• Like 5

All I have to say about tonight show is outstanding.  This is the second time that i have seen the full show.   This time with the new uniforms to me they look great.  Everyone has  done a great job putting this 2017 BAC show together.  Great response from the crowd.   It was packed.

• Like 8

4 hours ago, Geneva said:

Very dark show as would be anticipated from the theme. I wish that the musical directors had seen fit to include at least one brighter and lighter piece to counterpoint their production. This show reminds me of the mood created by Crown's show last year. I think that a big part of the appeal of Bluecoats show last year was its brightness. 

I wish the music stood on its own better. I am sure that the visual presentation will bring out the music as will the spatial separation of percussion and pit from the horn line.

The depth, strength and tightness of the brass seem at a higher level than last year at this time. Percussion seems to be playing a lot of notes with conviction and facility. I love the kids energy in the performance! It looks like they will have a good time with this show.

I am not a fan of the slavish concept of theme over music.  

Best of luck, Boston, on the coming season. I hope to see you move up.

I don't agree with this assessment one bit.  Total miss.  It may be a dark theme being a historical one that is from a dark time and culture, but the presentation doesn't come across as dark as you describe.  A brighter piece to counterpoint? Why? So a "dark" theme has a happy moment so we feel relieved?  That would present a design continuity problem. I agree percussion plays a lot of notes.  They generally do. The kids love the show.  That matters a lot.  And the corps will move up.  No doubt about that.  More than a few places.  The show is amazing and is being performed at a high level with a week to go before the first show.

• Like 3

KlVLZ6B.jpg

7th Regiment and The Boston Crusaders first photo together as Inspire Arts Ensembles

• Like 4

Anything is possible. (Q-KG).

4 minutes ago, corps8294 said:

She's probably loving the show theme this year with the way she performs! :thumbup: That's awesome! 

Concert in the Park, BFDTV