2017 Boston Crusaders

Of course, my first DVD set was 1989, that Cavaliers show got a lot of plays.

It was 1990...

• Like 1

They did it again in 1990, 1989 was all John Rutter music.

Went to my recordings to double check. Openers are very identical.

Edited by Liahona

OK...I thought 89 was Gloria show?...my bad

1989 WAS the Gloria show.

In 1990, the Cavaliers opened with Homage to Perotin (although on corpsreps it is listed at Homage to Machaut). The opening fanfare/hit was from the Gloria as well, which they used from the 1989 show. They also used Rutter's All Things Bright and Beautiful.

The 1991 program also utilized music by/arranged by Rutter-As the Bridegroom to His Chosen and O Be Joyful in the Lord

The Cavaliers did a lot of Rutter in '89 and '89 but Diabolical Images was a composition of Tom Grant not Rutter.

1990 used Ron Nelson's work, Claude Smith's take on Louis Bourgeoise and Rutter's All Things Bright and Beautiful plus Gloria.

confer Corps Reps.

now back to Most Precious Blood.

Edited by xandandl

1989 WAS the Gloria show.

In 1990, the Cavaliers opened with Homage to Perotin (although on corpsreps it is listed at Homage to Machaut). The opening fanfare/hit was from the Gloria as well, which they used from the 1989 show. They also used Rutter's All Things Bright and Beautiful.

The 1991 program also utilized music by/arranged by Rutter-As the Bridegroom to His Chosen and O Be Joyful in the Lord

yes..I removed my post ...but you already responded to it...LOL

For the record my comments were in reference to the opening impact moment in the Round Rock show/Cavaliers opener as brought up by Ghost.

So back to Boston, I think I'm most interested in what design take they go with. When you look at the most successful corps they have a pretty clear voice in what they do. I'm interested in what Boston Crusaders choose as their voice.

Something modern/new ground?

Something classic with a new take?

A mix?

For the record my comments were in reference to the opening impact moment in the Round Rock show/Cavaliers opener as brought up by Ghost.

So back to Boston, I think I'm most interested in what design take they go with. When you look at the most successful corps they have a pretty clear voice in what they do. I'm interested in what Boston Crusaders choose as their voice.

A mix?

its a good question... but I wouldn't have a clue at the moment. I don't think anybody does on here at the moment. Thats part of the allure... the excitement at the moment, imo.

Edited by BRASSO

A mix?

its a good question... but I wouldn't have a clue at the moment. I don't think anybody does on here at the moment. Thats part of the allure... the excitement at the moment, imo.

Things that have been going on for the past several years. Complex production on BAC part. IT is interesting the lack of understanding of their productions Very much different from the others. Totally more complex up scale from the other.

My sources tell me that the show will include Music for wind and Percussion, Hava nagila, a drum line feature "Unsquare Dance", Hello Again , rounded out by Conquest.

Just my sources.