2017 Boston Crusaders

Boston has a rich history and I would love this to happen. My only "concern" is how the new team honors tradition yet develops a style successful in a new era of WGI-DCI. Cadets did very well taking their traditional style and elevating it in a performance based activity back in the 80s.. They too are now struggling to modernize their approach in the new era. Does Boston scrap their traditional unis and come out in red bodysuits? Does the alumni support that or do they feel it's a foreign group out there using the BAC name... Lots of questions, expectations...

As an alum I will support them in any endeavor...I can't speak for others...obviously what has been done up to now has not worked to propel them to the very top on a competitive basis...so hanging on to the past might be the wrong philosophy...I'd really hate to see the alumni base whither away as a result of feeling foreign...I'd still be supporting the corps even in 22nd place...

• Like 1

Boston has a rich history and I would love this to happen. My only "concern" is how the new team honors tradition yet develops a style successful in a new era of WGI-DCI. Cadets did very well taking their traditional style and elevating it in a performance based activity back in the 80s.. They too are now struggling to modernize their approach in the new era. Does Boston scrap their traditional unis and come out in red bodysuits? Does the alumni support that or do they feel it's a foreign group out there using the BAC name... Lots of questions, expectations...

nm :smile:

Edited by GUARDLING

Bill Cook did, but it was a Gulfstream. I had the pleasure of flying in it once.

I'd argue that this plane is actually more comfortably than most Gulfstreams...having been in all of the above...

As an alum I will support them in any endeavor...I can't speak for others...obviously what has been done up to now has not worked to propel them to the very top on a competitive basis...so hanging on to the past might be the wrong philosophy...I'd really hate to see the alumni base whither away as a result of feeling foreign...I'd still be supporting the corps even in 22nd place...

I'm like that too. Loyalty is my strongest (or weakest) trait. You'll be happy then as I'm sure BAC will move up nicely. Strength in brass, percussion, guard and a competent viz team are certainly the ingredients for success competitively.

I'm like that too. Loyalty is my strongest (or weakest) trait. You'll be happy then as I'm sure BAC will move up nicely. Strength in brass, percussion, guard and a competent viz team are certainly the ingredients for success competitively.

I've always been loyal to a fault...the biggest reason I aged out with Boston and did not go on and march with The Cadets...It was a flip of a coin literally between them and Cadets in terms of corps I really cherished because of both of their rich history...

Edited by Liahona

It's hard to predict what will happen competitively...but they are at least set up staff wise to succeed...It's almost impossible not to say that I'm VERY excited for them...especially the next few years to come...

Interesting thought. I can only speak for myself...while BAC may need to modernize its creative approach, there most likely exists a happy medium between Don Quixote and red jump suits. The corps has brought some amazingly creative people in as designers to be sure. I would also note that the current executive director and most of the 42 member BOD are alums of the corps. I, for one, am supremely confident in the likes of Chris Holland, Mike Woodall, Jim Cronin, and the rest in their ability to be stewards of the "brand".

Will the 2017 BAC be innovative in its design and approach? No doubt. Will you still be able to recognize them as the Boston Crusaders? Absolutely. Throughout its long history, Boston has never been shy about innovation (even to the point of taking penalties for electronics way back in 1985). That said, I have reason to believe that the corps' identity will still be prominent with this new team.

• Like 1