Cadets 2017

Try http://www.tubachristmas.com/whatis.htm

sidebar link gives sites in your area. Now if each brass staffer were to select at least one site...

We'LOL need to get our recruiter DF over to one of the sites and get these guys to camp.
  • Like 1

Drum corps is not drum corps without competition, and if Cadets feel this is the best way forward, fine, but to me it sounded like Cadets were responding to marching members who followed their instructors who went to other corps and these marching members discovered they will not be treated like demigods in the corps they auditioned with over the past few weeks. They're not happy, Cadets wants the talent back. Personally, I think Cadets would be better off recruiting new talent and offering half price for kids who may need financial assistance. The potential egos of veterans returning at half price on camps could be huge and not to mention, it's not fair to those who are loyal and paying full price.

I'm told that the first place DCI corps for last summer had more than enough applicants for the Fall auditions for 2017, Good reports say that Cadets were seeking to benefit from that overflow, particularly in low brass. (cf, Bluecoats and Crown threads for photos of phenomenal turnouts.)

Father TK, what's with the narcissism about demigods following instructors and how Cadets should run Cadets?. Is something in the water upthere besides:Lizzie. Warren's temper tantrums many posters seem to be copying? You are better than that. Brown Papi wouldn't be happy to hear this.

https://yea.org/programs/cadets/cadets/news/1455-cadets-recruiting-vocal-ensemble-for-2017

I am auditioning for this. I'm sure some of you won't be super happy this is happening (which is fine, free speech is important), but I think it could be beautiful if done right! :)

Edited by noahsigs
  • Like 5

https://yea.org/programs/cadets/cadets/news/1455-cadets-recruiting-vocal-ensemble-for-2017

I am auditioning for this. I'm sure some of you won't be super happy this is happening (which is fine, free speech is important), but I think it could be beautiful if done right! :)

I've got no issue...I actually prefer something like this to a vocal soloist in most cases, unless the soloist is amazing (like Castles this fall). A beautiful choir is something great to behold, and if it adds to the production even on a small scale? I'm all for it. Their interest in the more classically trained piques my own.

I'm intrigued.

• Like 1