Cadets 2017

No. Singing in drum corps has been abysmal. Flat. Unsupported. Thin. Just no. If you want to add singing, use voice majors.

Listen to the girl from BAC guard 2015 again and say that was bad...clean out your ears...lol

For all of those that want to hear more singing in drum corps...YEA!!! for you....I frankly have heard enough of it already...I just don't care for it in the drum corps idiom. PERIOD.

• Like 1

For all of those that want to hear more singing in drum corps...YEA!!! for you....I frankly have heard enough of it already...I just don't care for it in the drum corps idiom. PERIOD.

It's a risk and opportunity. It hasn't been done amazingly well yet so if they nail it (think of French horn feature 2015), it can be great.
  • Like 2

It's a risk and opportunity. It hasn't been done amazingly well yet so if they nail it (think of French horn feature 2015), it can be great.

I did love that feature for sure...but I've always loved french horns....I've always been jealous of the french horn players in several orchestras I played in as lead trumpet...they always got all the great parts!

• Like 1

So many ways voice can be used -- the possibilities range from great to ghastly.

Agreed. If you're going to use them, I'm not opposed to securing talented vocalists vs. winded brass players aka Cadets 2007. I'm excited they're exploring some potentially interesting directions.

I did love that feature for sure...but I've always loved french horns....I've always been jealous of the french horn players in several orchestras I played in as lead trumpet...they always got all the great parts!

Maybe some vocal/French horn interactions...

Let's see what develops.

dude...most of these horn players today are WAY more talented than you think and can do BOTH...I know that for a fact from several horn player that I've heard sing...and a few I was surprised they liked to do corps as well...and they are really very good...so I disagree...

Dude - feel free to diasagree. Singing in drum corps has been overwhelmingly horrible. I stand by my statement. If you want singing that sounds decent, use people for whom vocal performance is their primary art.

Dude - feel free to diasagree. Singing in drum corps has been overwhelmingly horrible. I stand by my statement. If you want singing that sounds decent, use people for whom vocal performance is their primary art.

You make the (erroneous) assumption that such people aren't already marching in a drum corps performing in an alternate discipline. Plenty of vocalists who might dance, spin a flag or play an instrument simply because they just enjoy the activity. (Think woodwind players who pick up a horn just to march in the summer.)

• Like 2

Bluecoats proved you could get away with a smaller front ensemble, spead out with ear monitors, so I would not be surprised to see a couple of spots pulled from the pit. They also had only two DMs but Cadets' DMs have been announced, no?

Yup exactly