Cadets 2017

4 hours ago, Tobias said:

As a parent of a MM, you should make your view heard to administration asap if you feel kids aren't being treated proplerly or you're disturbed about something you saw.

No, it's related to musical decisions, not how people are treated (though in a way it's a metaphorical slap in the face to the musicians).

4 hours ago, George Dixon said:

1. that's not the uniform/look. I explained that above

2. You'd be surprised how many fans Cadets have in and out of DCI. Enormous - heck in 2011 they came out of the woodwork like CRAZY. LOS was like a Maroon fest and you couldn't get 100 feet from their souvie stand. Them / BD / Cavaliers have LOADS of "legacy" fans that emerge given a reason. Just such old organizations with so many championships etc...

3. I think you'll like the 2017 Cadets. 

Cadets do have a huge fan base, and Cadets does a great job, or at least seems to do a great job at getting alums and fans to shows, especially their home shows and regionals, so they have a good fan base st shows. I think Cadets are one of the most respected corps by fans, but I'm not sure they have the fan base, especially the young fan base with enthusiasm of Crown or Bluecoats fans.

Regarding 2011, Cadets won that year. The potential champion usually has lots of fans. I was in Indy in 2013 for Crown's victory and in 2016  or Bloo. The crowd went wild. Watch 2008 Phantom and you get a sense of the excitement. There have been years Cadets has the crowds going wild the way we see wild crowds for Crown and Bloo, but I think we're going back a few years.

I kind of liked that photo of Cadets in the "skirts."  Ultimately I think the costume for the show intro will be really cool.  It reminds me, only slightly, of what Santa Clara Vanguard did in 1986 with their Russian show. The intro up to the costume change.  I have to admit, of all the shows I've heard anything about (not many) I am most excited for this one -- at least at this point.  Musically I think I am going to love this show!!  Hope so!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jwillis35 said:

I kind of liked that photo of Cadets in the "skirts."  Ultimately I think the costume for the show intro will be really cool.  It reminds me, only slightly, of what Santa Clara Vanguard did in 1986 with their Russian show. The intro up to the costume change.  I have to admit, of all the shows I've heard anything about (not many) I am most excited for this one -- at least at this point.  Musically I think I am going to love this show!!  Hope so!

I too like the music.

1 hour ago, Cappybara said:

I'm talking about the ideas/rumors being thrown around about the uniforms. Not the show itself. Relax.

I see.  Hard to know that when that's not what you wrote. 

29 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

I see.  Hard to know that when that's not what you wrote. 

That's just the nature of a forum unfortunately. It's a conversation that goes on for a span of pages and if you catch a comment out of its context, it won't make complete sense. I'll try to be more clear next time! 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

That's just the nature of a forum unfortunately. It's a conversation that goes on for a span of pages and if you catch a comment out of its context, it won't make complete sense. I'll try to be more clear next time! 

I applaud you for your patience with the old people, me included.

I'm sitting here in Johnstown, waiting for the corps to eat and come back to the stadium for the community performance at 7:30.  Around 30 people here so far.  Signs are posted everywhere:  "Please, No Photos, Videos, or Audio Recording during the performance.  Thank you."  So I guess I brought my camera for nothing!!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Tommeee said:

I'm sitting here in Johnstown, waiting for the corps to eat and come back to the stadium for the community performance at 7:30.  Around 30 people here so far.  Signs are posted everywhere:  "Please, No Photos, Videos, or Audio Recording during the performance.  Thank you."  So I guess I brought my camera for nothing!!

Your review of the evening, especially details, will still be appreciated. Let us know if you are frisked.

9 minutes ago, xandandl said:

Your review of the evening, especially details, will still be appreciated. Let us know if you are frisked.

I'll definitely post details after I get home.  I was here for ensemble this afternoon.  Really liked most of what I saw and heard.  Percussion is especially great!