Cadets 2017

Two nights ago I had a dream that Cadets unveiled a closer on finals night where the drill did a GH then pulled to a front and a tarp with George Hopkins's face unfurled at the center that reached from the 40 to the 40. 

I woke up laughing and imagining that if GH wanted to go into retirement and take DCP down with him, that'd about do it. 

• Like 1

This would be their third straight year to not medal, assuming there's not some divine intervention. 

Longest non-medal streak since before they won their first DCI championship in '83. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, cadet93 said:

I agree, but I think that ship has sailed years ago in some ways......the mystique seems to be gone unfortunately.

Seems GH is content for C2 to be the feeder.  Like he is going to create a self sustained feeder org for Cadets.

I don't see C2 becoming a feeder that will create a Championship DCI corps.

But maybe out of lack of other options that seems to be the basket he is putting all of his options in.

They will have to go through a Cavies/SCV rebuilding phase.  And while it happens let people rejoice in them losing ground.

Just remember people wouldn't think it is a big deal to beat you if you weren't a big deal :)

honestly a lot depends on this five weeks

if they get back ahead of Boston and close the gap with Cavaliers (with the ending) and then clean the heck out of it and finish 6th or 5th some good will is retained

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chaddyt said:

This would be their third straight year to not medal, assuming there's not some divine intervention. 

Longest non-medal streak since before they won their first DCI championship in '83. 

yup - some of that has to do with Crown and Coats. Two powerhouses that didn't exist 10 years ago

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KVG_DC said:

Two nights ago I had a dream that Cadets unveiled a closer on finals night where the drill did a GH then pulled to a front and a tarp with George Hopkins's face unfurled at the center that reached from the 40 to the 40. 

I woke up laughing and imagining that if GH wanted to go into retirement and take DCP down with him, that'd about do it. 

seek. professional. help.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, George Dixon said:

yup - some of that has to do with Crown and Coats. Two powerhouses that didn't exist 10 years ago

yes and both filled with many Cadet alums as designers, caption heads, and techs.

• Like 3

Just now, George Dixon said:

seek. professional. help.

I know. I get some real doozies of random dreams sometimes. It's a great product of being able to remember pretty much most of my dreams. 

1 minute ago, George Dixon said:

True. And the Eagles would have a Super Bowl ring if the Patriots sucked. 

No.... no, they probably wouldn't. 

• Like 2