Cadets 2017

4 minutes ago, cadet93 said:

There is always hope that this can be another '92.

We beat the Cadets less than a week before Finals that year and wound up 8th. One show does not a season make.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

Hopkins FB statement on tonight:

Blah, blah, blah. Trust the process...really? You mean the process that has watched this once great organization regress over the past 10 years? Step away George...you have become irrelevant.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, henry7184 said:

Agreed. Since 2012 they have always finished lower than they started out. I thought that would happen this year, then I didn't, now I think it might. BUT, I think the difference this year is BAC has a really great show. I think this is the best Cadets show since 2011 and that's a very good thing 4th or 7th.

If I like the Cadets show, that will be good for me even if it doesn't place as well as I would like.  Last year's show was so disappointing.  I really haven't loved Boston's shows the last few years either even though they are a favorite of mine too.  I hope I like both shows.  I would really like to see a battle and some competitiveness there.  

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, year1buick said:

We beat the Cadets less than a week before Finals that year and wound up 8th. One show does not a season make.

Yes, you did. But, the difference is the 1992 Cadets had a championship caliber designed show. They do not have that this year, IMO. I think Bluecoats, BD and SCV have championship designed shows this year. Maybe Crown. It's going to be almost impossible for anyone outside that top 4 to take one of them out this year.

Edited by henry7184
  • Like 1

Sorry if this has been answered already- but I'm assuming this is Boston's first win over the Cadets?

33 minutes ago, exitmusic said:

Serious suggestion:

Get these kids in the maroon and gold. The costumes add nothing and detract quite a lot.

Counterpoint: The outfit works with the theme, and honestly looks pretty sharp. Maybe tone down the gold shoes, stick with cream, but they honestly have one of the sharper outfits in DCI this year.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, dans said:

Blah, blah, blah. Trust the process...really? You mean the process that has watched this once great organization regress over the past 10 years? Step away George...you have become irrelevant.

Hey the process looks to be starting to work out for the Sixers now. Maybe it's a five year process that results in a gold for Cadets in 2022?? 

/s

1 minute ago, MotoSurfBass said:

Counterpoint: The outfit works with the theme, and honestly looks pretty sharp. Maybe tone down the gold shoes, stick with cream, but they honestly have one of the sharper outfits in DCI this year.

The gold shoes also have to go. The robes are beautiful, but they don't look clean or sharp from a visual perspective in them. It doesn't quite work.