Cadets 2017

Just now, henry7184 said:

I wouldn't go that far with BK and Phantom. I do not think they are on the level of the Cadets and BAC. 

I was being facetious!

• Like 1

Just now, exitmusic said:

Serious suggestion:

Get these kids in the maroon and gold. The costumes add nothing and detract quite a lot.

well they have a set. C2 can march in jeans and tees until after finals. Just got to fit them

Personally I think if they lost the robes even that would help a lot. Put them in the middle uniform and remove the jacket for the closer. Same for the pit

• Like 2

That new ending can't get on the field soon enough. We will soon see if it can right the ship.

• Like 2

Just now, George Dixon said:

well they have a set. C2 can march in jeans and tees until after finals. Just got to fit them

Personally I think if they lost the robes even that would help a lot. Put them in the middle uniform and remove the jacket for the closer. Same for the pit

I think lose the robes and not remove the jacket. I love the look of the robes, they are beautiful. But they don't look clean.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, henry7184 said:

LOL. I hope we just don't see desperate moves out of the Cadets this year, like the addition to the statues last year. This is a very good show as is. A better ending will only improve it.

Please.  No cheese.  Don't start with the desperation.  This could just go back and forth.  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

1. recruitment

2. retention

3. show order of appearance for 2018 - line ups set in lots of 3 by prior year finish - so if you finish in 7th you mostly perform before intermission the next year and that cuts into rehearsal time and obviously impacts competitively. It's a vicious circle 

I agree, but I think that ship has sailed years ago in some ways......the mystique seems to be gone unfortunately.

Seems GH is content for C2 to be the feeder.  Like he is going to create a self sustained feeder org for Cadets.

I don't see C2 becoming a feeder that will create a Championship DCI corps.

But maybe out of lack of other options that seems to be the basket he is putting all of his options in.

They will have to go through a Cavies/SCV rebuilding phase.  And while it happens let people rejoice in them losing ground.

Just remember people wouldn't think it is a big deal to beat you if you weren't a big deal :)

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, henry7184 said:

LOL. I hope we just don't see desperate moves out of the Cadets this year, like the addition to the statues last year. This is a very good show as is. A better ending will only improve it.

Recent history not promising. Hopkins will make a bad situation worse!