Carolina Crown 2017

5 hours ago, Cappybara said:

I love the sound of Crown's hornline, no corps sounds like them. However, I don't think that sound style would mesh well with the corps you're referring to 

They remind me a lot of Star of Indiana. Both have had some of my favorite horn lines ever.

51 minutes ago, Newseditor44 said:

Welcome home Crown!! Two days of rehearsal at Nation Ford, can't wait to go see them tonight (hopefully they're rehearsing)

I'm so happy for you, as I look forward to reading your commentary after your viewing of tonight's rehearsal.   I'm really rooting for them to win the gold, so I hope they keep adding layer upon layer to this show, and rock the hell out of it by finals. 

Go Crown!

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Newseditor44 said:

Welcome home Crown!! Two days of rehearsal at Nation Ford, can't wait to go see them tonight (hopefully they're rehearsing)

You will have to let me know how everything goes so I know what to expect this weekend. Lol. 

I was just looking at the schedule and wondering what Crown was doing until Friday. So obviously, some rehearsal days and maybe laundry. They doing any clinics or anything out of the norm?

31 minutes ago, brl2833 said:

I was just looking at the schedule and wondering what Crown was doing until Friday. So obviously, some rehearsal days and maybe laundry. They doing any clinics or anything out of the norm?

They do a clinic every year at WCU which is one of the things they'll be doing with this time between shows. Look for some inside the circle videos to pop up after that!

Just got done watching tonight's run, and holy heck that closer is just amazing. They've added some layers, changed a few things (nothing big) and added some additional loud notes for the hornline. Particularly noticeable now is how clean the drill has become in the last 60 seconds or so. Yeah I'm a homer, but I honestly think the closer is what's going to make or break this show and the layers they're adding are working.

I really had my doubts about this show three weeks ago, but it's grown on me and I honestly believe it can compete for a title. 

• Like 4