Carolina Crown 2017

13 minutes ago, Brass Lover said:

Awesome. Correct me if I'm wrong but that was the first debut of their ending and the first time they placed 1st that season. It was a great night for Crown fans.

The night before at the TOC show in Murfreesboro was the first reveal, that's where they jumped Cadets for 2nd and only .55 behind the Blue Devils then beat them the next day at the Atlanta Regional!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Flguardman said:

The night before at the TOC show in Murfreesboro was the first reveal, that's where they jumped Cadets for 2nd and only .55 behind the Blue Devils then beat them the next day at the Atlanta Regional!

And that was the first time anyone had beaten BD at the Atlanta Regional since the show moved to the Georgia Dome. Interestingly enough, BD hasn't won it since.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, George Dixon said:

such a great 2015 video from Crown - I believe this is from the Atlanta regional 

love the enthusiasm from the staff and the crowd - corps was really improving at this stage and you can sense everyone's excitement

thought I'd share

I was there and the crowd absolutely FLIPPED OUT (me included). Crown always gets a ton of support at this show but it was especially thunderous in 2015.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, FLBuzcut said:

I was there and the crowd absolutely FLIPPED OUT (me included). Crown always gets a ton of support at this show but it was especially thunderous in 2015.

Atlanta is definitely a home show for Crown. They've always been a fan favorite at the Dome.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, FLBuzcut said:

It was pretty amazing. The crowd knew what they had in store to debut and they delivered. Loved BD that year too but still think Crown should have been champs. Funny how I didn't like that show until the latter part of the year and now it's one of my favorites. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, FLBuzcut said:

this particular video really captures that - the intensity at the end with the staff and the corps and you can hear the roar. Really great video of a great moment

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Terri Schehr said:

They definitely were in 2013 when we attended the Atlanta regional! 

I was there that night and I definitely felt the energy in the building after they finished their performance! That was a magical season. Being from South Carolina, Crown has always held a special place in my heart and I'm just old enough to remember their humble beginnings. I couldn't keep it together when they won in Indy. A moment I'll remember for the rest of my life for sure.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Brass Lover said:

Awesome. Correct me if I'm wrong but that was the first debut of their ending and the first time they placed 1st that season. It was a great night for Crown fans.

The day before in Murfreesboro, TN was when they debuted the ending. They went from being in the 3rd/4th range the week before in Texas to 2nd/1st with the new ending.

No disrespect to BD, and I understand why they won the Championship, but Crown should have won in 2015. I feel like BD winning that year added fuel to the fire of the corps below that were desperate to beat them, which was partly why the Bluecoats decided to open Pandora's Box, so to speak, with their 2016 show.

1 hour ago, crownisking said:

And that was the first time anyone had beaten BD at the Atlanta Regional since the show moved to the Georgia Dome. Interestingly enough, BD hasn't won it since.

Pretty sure Cavaliers won the first year in 2006 at the GaDome.   I agree it is a Crown home show as it's only 3 hours from Charlotte.  I stopped going to NightBeat and started going to ATL because for essentially the same amount of money I was guaranteed a show (dome) and I got to see everyone.  

• Like 2