Carolina Crown 2017

1 minute ago, brassdude6171 said:

It's us millennials, man. We have a short attention span. Give us cool stuff. I know personally if I saw a super clean show that was not super exciting and compared it to a not super clean show that was super exciting, I'm more ept to the super exciting one.

yup! OOOOO FLASHY! AND SLIDES!!! 

5 minutes ago, Tobias said:

Agreed. I thought the judges really got that wrong. They seem to err on the side of BD.

Crown didn't even have a drill in 15. Or a top drum line. Or win brass. BD had BALANCE

• Like 3

1 minute ago, George Dixon said:

"everyone" was not saying "Coats should have won" - or at least, I wasn't. I personally felt 14 was BD and then a huge gap and then Cadets and then a huge gap and then Coats

I'm referring to the middle school-high school newbie dci fans who are major Coats fanatics. I graduated high school only 2 1/2 years ago... so that's what I was referring to. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, johnpendell said:

yup! OOOOO FLASHY! AND SLIDES!!! 

Not to mention, really loud stuff, cool rhythms, really high trumpets, making wings with arms, dancing a lot, lots of horn rips, and looking like a BA who's having fun. 

1 minute ago, brassdude6171 said:

Not to mention, really loud stuff, cool rhythms, really high trumpets, making wings with arms, dancing a lot, lots of horn rips, and looking like a BA who's having fun. 

I won't deny I probably haven't ever seen marchers enjoying performing a show like 2016 Bluecoats (probably cause I couldn't see facial expressions till this show bc of no shakos). It's a fun, interesting, quirky show! I'm not THAT bitter... haha. 

9 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

Crown didn't even have a drill in 15. Or a top drum line. Or win brass. BD had BALANCE

I Thought this was the Crown supporters group. They had an incredible brass line in 2015. They had an excellent drumline in 2015 though they didn't win I know so don't lecture me about that please. They had an excellent guard in 2015. They fell short in feet and drill but so did Bluecoats in 2016. That didn't seem to hurt the Coats enough that they would finish second. But it did in 2015. 

4 minutes ago, auldschool said:

I Thought this was the Crown supporters group. They had an incredible brass line in 2015. They had an excellent drumline in 2015 though they didn't win I know so don't lecture me about that please. They had an excellent guard in 2015. They fell short in feet and drill but so did Bluecoats in 2016. That didn't seem to hurt the Coats enough that they would finish second. But it did in 2015. 

I don't care what anyone says. I think Crown's show in 2015 was the best show of that year. I wish they would have won. Regardless, that's still by far my favorite show from them. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Fellinesque was great.  Wasn't that the highest score ever? 

It was but there are plenty of things you could point to in support of the argument against that scoring so highly. I know of at least two drops from the guard and one person who wasn't even close to in-step at the front of the block during a jazz run section. 

2 minutes ago, brassdude6171 said:

It was but there are plenty of things you could point to in support of the argument against that scoring so highly. I know of at least two drops from the guard and one person who wasn't even close to in-step at the front of the block during a jazz run section. 

hard to believe, i know, but that issue has been discussed a tad on here, lol

• Like 1