Carolina Crown 2017

33 minutes ago, Newseditor44 said:

it wasn't that bad... It wasn't my favorite but I wouldn't have come close to thinking it was terrible. 

Can we meet half way at "pretty bad"?

it just fell so flat, and at LOS the cynics around me were rolling their eyes

it also didn't fit the relentless theme at all

jmo 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

Can we meet half way at "pretty bad"?

it just fell so flat, and at LOS the cynics around me were rolling their eyes

it also didn't fit the relentless theme at all

jmo 

It was my least favorite Crown ever and coming after Inferno which was one of my favorites, it was a huge disappointment. 

I didn't like the new ending but that had more to do with I think it totally killed any momentum that ending had musically.  There was a fantastic ritard into the "Medea" reprise that was chopped when they changed it and crammed in the "Hallelujah" reprise and it just felt rushed to me......didn't hamper my enjoyment of the show though.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, George Dixon said:

The "new" ending was terrible. 

Image result for that's just like your opinion man

• Like 1

1 minute ago, George Dixon said:

Judges and crowds seemed to agree 

but yes, JMO

Judges sure, crowd still seemed to love the show. Just because you sat around some negative nancies doesn't mean that's the general consensus

2 hours ago, Cappybara said:

Totally agree. I kept saying throughout the season that Crown should change their closer to make a statement about the current gun violence and people said that was a stupid idea. When they finally did it, the narrative on DCP changed to "I doubt Crown did it to make a statement." Eventually statements from their DM and the whole hashtag confirmed it. 

The changes to the end of their show really made the show sparkle for me. Gave it a twist that fit in really well with their theme, despite complaints about it not really fitting in with the whole Spaghetti Western thing. 

It was a stupid idea.  It remains a stupid idea. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HockeyDad said:

It was a stupid idea.  It remains a stupid idea. 

insightful

• Like 4

1 hour ago, DrumManTx said:

I didn't like the new ending but that had more to do with I think it totally killed any momentum that ending had musically.  There was a fantastic ritard into the "Medea" reprise that was chopped when they changed it and crammed in the "Hallelujah" reprise and it just felt rushed to me......didn't hamper my enjoyment of the show though.  

It felt hastily tacked-on to me.  I liked the show very much but the new ending...not so much.