Carolina Crown 2017

9 minutes ago, 2000Cadet said:

I hope not. I am glad they won in 2013, but that was NOT my favorite Crown show. 2015 takes the cake for me. I still wish it was clean enough to beat BD that year. I am hoping for big things from this year's show. 

Tek really loved 2013 but really really really loved 2015. Crown 2016 was my least favorite show in years. Found it well performed but boring.

24 minutes ago, brassdude6171 said:

I love this Crown show. I wasn't planning on it. I really didn't like the idea behind it, or featuring a vocal soloist as much as it does (she sings over the climax of the piece for crying out loud), but I love all of it. I think there are some kinks to work out with how to balance the ensemble and her during said climax, but it all should work beautifully over time. And I think that of all the groups I've seen stuff from, this show is the most cohesive and flows the best.

I agree about the singing during the climax.  I'd have her come back in later.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

It's "For Good" from "Wicked".  

I've never been a fan of this musical, but this is one of the better songs from it IMO. Looking forward to hearing what Crown does to it.

Edited by Cadevilina Crown
  • Like 1

Candy, please?

**yummy**  Cherry Cordials with some alcohol.

Edited by jjeffeory

I just learned some things about the show. I won't give anything away and I'm still definitely not ready to call it a championship winner just yet...

but...

perhaps the sky isn't falling after all. And maybe, just maybe, the design staff has something up their sleeves with this one.

I can promise that it will get more interesting.

• Like 6

Gotta say I was a bit disappointed on my first listen, but I'm warming up to it more and more. I wish they'd do more with the Radiohead, it seems kinda randomly utilized, thought there'd be more of an impact from it, maybe once the show theme is released it'll make more sense. Gonna need more time to get used to the vocalist part though. A bit cheesy imo. As always, I'm so impressed with the brass playing. Can anyone who's listened that knows a bit about percussion put their two cents in? I thought the drum line sounded decent.

5 minutes ago, johnpendell said:

Gotta say I was a bit disappointed on my first listen, but I'm warming up to it more and more. I wish they'd do more with the Radiohead, it seems kinda randomly utilized, thought there'd be more of an impact from it, maybe once the show theme is released it'll make more sense. Gonna need more time to get used to the vocalist part though. A bit cheesy imo. As always, I'm so impressed with the brass playing. Can anyone who's listened that knows a bit about percussion put their two cents in? I thought the drum line sounded decent.

Remember, there's a whole other section of the show, which is pretty different than what's here.

Everything up to the Bach is likely pre-show, so imagine maybe 5 more minutes of actual show music.

• Like 1