Carolina Crown 2017

1 minute ago, crownisking said:

My money says they'll stick with "band" in whatever hashtag they go with. It's worked since 2013. No point I'm changing it now.

I know. The Bandies were already calling them #GrayPantsBand on their live video. :lol:

• Like 1

Just now, UKSuperman said:

I know. The Bandies were already calling them #GrayPantsBand on their live video. :lol:

There was a time when I would cringe when I'd hear drum corps referred to as "band" but once I realized that MMs use the term too, I was ok with it. After all, technically it is still band. :12_slight_smile:

• Like 1

Just now, Terri Schehr said:

I called them ombré pants band.  

I seen someone call them that! I chuckled. Lol. 

33 minutes ago, cube said:

Personally I really like the concept. I just think that For Good doesn't really fit that concept.

"I have been changed" I think that's the big emphasis, as opposed to the traditional meaning behind the song. That and it's just a beautiful ballad to rest the audience and give reprieve from the intensity and controlled chaos of the rest of the show. I think this show is going to end up being all about metamorphosis from order to chaos, deconstruction, but in an evolving way, not just tearing down. 

So now that I've had a chance to digest it all, the corps brought their A-game tonight. I was expecting to be underwhelmed but was far from that. Are their holes in the show, yes, is it incomplete, yes. Will it be good, hell yes! I'm very willing to keep an open mind until the entire production cut is on the field.

I was a bit disappointed that someone from the corps design team didn't talk to the crowd about the design concept and tell us about the elements that have yet to be added. I was also a little miffed that they told us the start time was 6:00pm but the corps didn't perform until 7:30. Perfect opportunity to talk to the fans a bit.

As for performance - the brass and percussion are both very good, and that hornlike showed some some serious power tonight.

i1vGAXN.jpg

posted from the DrumScorps app

Edited by Newseditor44
  • Like 4