Final Thoughts on 2016

Yeah. The nostalgia will be in the alumni corps most likely. SCV staff has to know they're in a good momentum place to gun for a medal again. They're not going to go with a throwback show unless they know they can knock it out of the park.

lol.

i though vanguard got too big of a pass for doing Yet Another Four Seasons show. sure it was done well and the drill was wonderful. but honestly nothing special in that show unless you just want to get all googly-eyed about SCV. (which clearly many DCPr's were willing to do)

les mis, scheherezade ? haven't really liked a show concept since the Devil's Staircase. come on design team, give the MM's something fresh and new!

all of these rehashes -- it's kind of like doing West Side Story. sure you can make it work. but where's the creativity?

It was just an enjoyable show. Probably the only show that let you just enjoy the music and visual program without worrying about a story or confusing elements, jarring dance breaks, incessant body movement, or any sort of politics. Sure, it was another four seasons show, but I, and many others, found it enjoyable for it's wonderful simplicity.

• Like 2

LOL!! May be the best post of the season for me

lol.

i though vanguard got too big of a pass for doing Yet Another Four Seasons show. sure it was done well and the drill was wonderful. but honestly nothing special in that show unless you just want to get all googly-eyed about SCV. (which clearly many DCPr's were willing to do)

les mis, scheherezade ? haven't really liked a show concept since the Devil's Staircase. come on design team, give the MM's something fresh and new!

all of these rehashes -- it's kind of like doing West Side Story. sure you can make it work. but where's the creativity?

it just went by too darn fast for my liking.

congrats to Bluecoats for taking their first title...something that happened a lot sooner than one might expect since we had to wait forever for another new name to the trophy for Crown in 2013...three years isn't a long time. Though I liked Bloo's show, I wasn't as crazy about it as much almost everybody else, though it was neat and unprecedented. ...it'll be interesting to see what they have planned for next year.

I really loved Crown's show the most...yet I wish they had used a different ballad...

the Academy.....when their show title was announced I felt a bit let down...Last year was my favorite show they'd done and I hoped it would be something better...July 18th rolled around and got to see them in person in Bentonville Arkansas and they just blew me away...and it was no surprise to me that they made finals for the first time.

It was just an enjoyable show. Probably the only show that let you just enjoy the music and visual program without worrying about a story or confusing elements, jarring dance breaks, incessant body movement, or any sort of politics. Sure, it was another four seasons show, but I, and many others, found it enjoyable for it's wonderful simplicity.

It was pleasant.

What's next year? Fiddler? Miss Saigon?

It was pleasant.

What's next year? Fiddler? Miss Saigon?

La Mer II

They've done seasons, now it''s time to go back to the sea....

• Like 1

I lump SCV and Bluecoats in the same realm. The had a theme, but not a story. They were both a little old school in that they both blew out face of and didn't try to beat us over the head with over intellectualizing us. It was balls to the wall brass, as much as one can with Bb horns. The bluecoats "Made Drum Corps Fun Again", as did SCV. Great finals IMHO

• Like 1

lol.

So Les miserables, that show from 2014, and spark of invention wasn't good? 2 4th place shows and a 5th? Even though they should've medaled in 2013.

Les Mis wasn't a rehash.

:)

No it wasn't, and I really loved that show! The flag tosses from behind the props! Golden!