Bluecoats 2017 thread - Go Blooooooo!

On 7/3/2017 at 6:12 PM, jwillis35 said:

A lot of the effects just need cleaned and refined and I think the show will draw even greater audience love.  It's already one of the fan favorites. In spite of how good Blooo is at this stage of the season, there are complex hit points in the show that need to be cleaned and enhanced to maximize effect. I think people will love how this show is going to sparkle come August. 

I totally agree with you about Bluecoats being the corps that has broken the most ground. No disrespect to Blue Devils and Crown who are also doing amazing things and are both amazing corps, but over the last 4 years Blooo has caused the most stir in the activity. Look where we are with costuming, show design, electronics, mic'd solos, staging, and the advancement of props, stages. With Blooo it's not any one thing, because other corps have experimented with those things, but it's how they have taken all those things and put them into a total production; and they have done so without having to explain their theme or story. Blooo has introduced a new level of COOL FACTOR to DCI and it's being noticed by all. 

Well said!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, superOOk said:

Pretty impressive, I must say...

I love the running commentary across the top!

• Like 2

9 hours ago, superOOk said:

Pretty impressive, I must say...

Would be great if other great scores from over the years could be done in one thread.  Hope it's not as hard as this non music reader thinks it might be.  Thank you to Dillon Reese.

• Like 1

Lol what if finals night, the hornline's drill for the ballad is inversed so they're on the front corner facing front field and it's finally that satisfaction that the audience has been waiting for and everyone is totally blown away and they get the perfect 100 just from that...

/s obvi

• Like 4

3 hours ago, brassdude6171 said:

Lol what if finals night, the hornline's drill for the ballad is inversed so they're on the front corner facing front field and it's finally that satisfaction that the audience has been waiting for and everyone is totally blown away and they get the perfect 100 just from that...

/s obvi

Honestly, I could totally see them doing this. They definitely have plans for the ballad.

• Like 1

Bluecoats look to be killing it this year! But Crown looks awfully close... and Blue Devils have a great show this year they just need to bring a lot together. It is a pretty unpredictable season but it rarely is anyways

posted from the DrumScorps app

14 minutes ago, grh_20 said:

Bluecoats look to be killing it this year! But Crown looks awfully close... and Blue Devils have a great show this year they just need to bring a lot together. It is a pretty unpredictable season but it rarely is anyways

posted from the DrumScorps app

Just enjoy the show! Catch them live as much as you can this year :)

• Like 2