Bluecoats 2017 thread - Go Blooooooo!

25 minutes ago, superOOk said:

Thanks for posting this! I was beginning to have withdraw symptoms from not seeing the corps in three days!

It sounds to me that the bass trombones are still late at the very beginning of Psychopomp. More work needed there. But the flag feature at the first hit is really beginning to look clean! Euph solo is much, much better. It sounded like there were some timing issues when the corps faced backfield for the ballad but I know the ballad is going to be a major focus of the staff. Shoutout to the trumpets in Zomby Woof! The fivelets are sounding much cleaner and kudus especially to the second and third trumpets. Their highlighted section is sounding much cleaner.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, PrfctTimeOfDay said:

Go to 6:15...Ballad ruined by the corps starting to play backfield. This is a terrible design choice. . . just play that beautiful piece towards the audience. I mean really, go to 6:15 and just listen - The crazy nonsense starts in the pit and the beauty is absolutely lost. ..it's all design choices though and can be easily fixed, I hope they do it to (and soon). 

Maybe the staff feels the sound in the indoor stadiums will get a better result.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Maybe the staff feels the sound in the indoor stadiums will get a better result.

I am sure that was their thinking but I don't believe it acheived the desired effect in the Oil Can the first go around. But this staff is pretty smart and extremely creative. I am confident they will get the ballad fixed.  

Edited by Jurassic Lancer
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, PrfctTimeOfDay said:

Go to 6:15...Ballad ruined by the corps starting to play backfield. This is a terrible design choice. . . just play that beautiful piece towards the audience. I mean really, go to 6:15 and just listen - The crazy nonsense starts in the pit and the beauty is absolutely lost. ..it's all design choices though and can be easily fixed, I hope they do it to (and soon). 

I actually don't have much of a problem with it, if they'd get more out of the brass (which I'm sure will come with time and indoor venues) and turn down the pit a little, but I don't have a problem with the idea.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Poppycock said:

Not as bad as Judy Jetson 

Feel free to criticize the Crown singer as much as you want, but at least make a new joke after the 100th time. Geez.

• Like 1

I love how easy it is to find a video of this show.......is that how secure they have rights to this?   Awesome.   

And we're a week in and they're already addressing the ballad, we got like six more of those.   I'm sure by then it's gonna be the vision of what they want on that final night in Indianapolis.   

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

I am sure that was their thinking but I don't believe it acheived the desired effect in the Oil Can the first go around. But this staff is pretty smart and extremely creative. I am confident they will get the ballad fixed.  

It's gonna be great. 

• Like 4

Thanks for posting the ensemble run.  So many positives and improvements happening.  I expect this corps to break 75 tomorrow night...and it's still June!!!  Drum line was smoking on that closer...and the quads are nailing the section at the
20 yd spread diagonal...not gonna see that attempted by anyone else. :bluedevil:

• Like 8