Blue Devils 2017 60th Anniversary!

Just back from Sneak Peek. Holy cow!  So many notes! Great power with total control. The music is going to just suck the listener in. 

They played sections and segments rather than the continuous score. Can't wait to hear this with the transitions in place. Looking forward to Family Day in two weeks to see how this translates to the field. 

BDB also sounds great.  And who can't love BDC?

i think anyone who loves the sound of drum corps will be happy with what they hear from BD this year. 

• Like 5

48 minutes ago, Photographer Jim said:

Just back from Sneak Peek. Holy cow!  So many notes! Great power with total control. The music is going to just suck the listener in. 

They played sections and segments rather than the continuous score. Can't wait to hear this with the transitions in place. Looking forward to Family Day in two weeks to see how this translates to the field. 

BDB also sounds great.  And who can't love BDC?

i think anyone who loves the sound of drum corps will be happy with what they hear from BD this year. 

Hopefully this will be a championship show from BD that people will actually enjoy and root for! From the small snippet I've heard so far, I think they will

• Like 3

Just got home. Not sure they played the whole show. The first half is brassline treat. Tons of horn runs. Flight of the bumble bee seems to be the big focus. The beginning starts out with the whole drum line except the pit in a snare arch. The snares starts the show for at least the first 45 seconds then gradually the horns come in. All I can say the first 3 to 4 mins is very intense. I did record the whole thing so I'll listen to it more. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, afd said:

Just got home. Not sure they played the whole show. The first half is brassline treat. Tons of horn runs. Flight of the bumble bee seems to be the big focus. The beginning starts out with the whole drum line except the pit in a snare arch. The snares starts the show for at least the first 45 seconds then gradually the horns come in. All I can say the first 3 to 4 mins is very intense. I did record the whole thing so I'll listen to it more. 

I'm going to take a wild guess that you might be getting some PMs, lol. 

1 hour ago, afd said:

As intense as that one selection is, the segment with the "smooth jazz" where they use a brass quartet as the "soloist" will provide a wonderful contrast. I think there is a lot here for people to like musically. 

• Like 3

Okay holy wow. Just heard the performance from last night. WOW. Great Gig in the Sky was probably my favorite ballad of all time, but early indications from the Metamorph ballad make Great Gig look like nothing. And the trumpet fanfare for Crystal... wow... wow wow wow. This show better have as good visual as it does music because wow.

• Like 6

Am I the only one who, even though I refuse to watch or listen to any shows before June 20, thinks BD will take the Ott this year?

• Like 5