Crossmen 2017

That is a minus, BUT for me it was the music and flow of the show that did it for me. The visual wasn't what made them special for me.

Thanks for point that out though, as I forgot about that fact.

I agree...I really did enjoy the markworth arrangements for sure...

Unfortunate, assuming the kid was meeting all the offseason requirements that might be playing / marching / fitness related. Corps should honor their commitment if they are getting the commitment out of the kid.

That's a pretty big assumption. It's likely the candidate wasn't meeting clearly spelled-out expectations. That happens a lot, actually.

• Like 2

Prefer or simply have? Not unusual for "winter kids" to the form the core of a summer line. Prefer would imply they cut based on geography vs. talent. I'm not sure that's really accurate.

I am. Not being able to make rehearsals because of time/travel restrictions, when 99% of the line is able to make it, is cut-worthy. I've seen it first-hand, particularly in the drum line.

The _Kid just took off for Crossmen's Dayton percussion auditions (about 80 minute drive). A text around lunch and a phone call on his way home about 6pm, and we'll know.

Eight hours of playing, a slip of paper, and one of three numbers: 3=Cut, 2=Call-back, or 1=Contract.

Fingers crossed...

Edited by garfield

The _Kid just took off for Crossmen's Dayton percussion auditions (about 80 minute drive). A text around lunch and a phone call on his way home about 6pm, and we'll know.

Eight hours of playing, a slip of paper, and one of three numbers: 3=Cut, 2=Call-back, or 1=Contract.

Fingers crossed...

Good Luck to the Kid!

Fingers crossed...

The "boy prodigy" will be fine I am certain. The bigger question is, "Will the Crossmen be ready for Garfield?"

Fingers crossed...

good luck!

It's a 2! A callback! The _Kid is headed to Texas!

(Maybe...)

Congrats to him for making it this far! And Crossmen are coming to Dublin!

Edited by Jurassic Lancer