"Clash of the Corps" Episode Discussion

It appears as though the show was sold based on a "two teams competing for the prize" idea, which is what many if not most reality TV shows are based around. In theory, it made sense, but in practice, not so much.

Especially since the Cadets couldn't right the ship and be more competitive. As an arm chair quarterback, the cadets are second best in titles, but Bluecoats have placed better the last several years.

Just saw the last episode. Didn't really get why the cadet member said technically a corp seeded in 14th can win. That could only happen if the previous 13 didn't show up. The cadets were never all season over n the hunt. They were trying to protect a 4th place.

Just saw the last episode. Didn't really get why the cadet member said technically a corp seeded in 14th can win. That could only happen if the previous 13 didn't show up. The cadets were never all season over n the hunt. They were trying to protect a 4th place.

Personally, I was waiting to see the cadets reaction when the Cavies move into 5th at SemiFinals.

• Like 1

I'm wondering if he meant they could make Finals.

You're right that it wasn't an accurate comment. But it probably wasn't meant to be evaluated as good critical thinking but as one of those general "it's anyone's game" comments even when every knows that isn't likely true. It's not over 'til it's over. That sort of thing. You need to do your best because you could also screw up badly and drop a few places, in other words. Or because competitors could surprise. Like the Cavaliers.

Great to hear some of the Cadets' music. And to see some high shots of the drills.

Still can't quite wrap my head around the point of all this. But I am anxious to see the last episode.

• Like 1

May she work towards her own D&BC career. Will she be adding WGI to her growth experience?

I am hoping she does. I'll be taking her to a WGI show in Salem, MA later this season to expose her to that level of guard performance. THAT may intimidate her a bit, but she'll also have a better understanding of what is being done at that level and give her something to aspire too. She is in her second year of ballet so she'll have some dance background by the time she would move to WGI or DC.

It feels like the production crew just didn't really understand why this activity is so popular. Their entire diatribe of "two teams" just isn't accurate.

Cadets and BD are the ones that signed contracts for the show, and whose members/staff provided permission to use their images, etc...the show cameras aren't free to just aim and shoot at any corps they want.

The show has been entertaining, but the way they (the editors, not the kids) dramatize "injuries" is pretty silly.

"oh I fell and got a boo boo on my head, I'd be devastated if I can't peform!". It's like drum corps kids are a bunch of hypochondriacs, lol. I know that's not actually the case. We certainly pushed through a lot more, without making a big deal out of it,

Edited by general_tsos_chicken2