2017 Uniform Thread

1 hour ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

I can understand your concern but honestly, how long did it take you to identify Bluecoats last year on sight? One show? 

I had temporary bleeding in my eyes after seeing Bluecoats' unis last year

5 minutes ago, barigirl78 said:

"Full" uniform?  No.  There are parts of the uniform that stay the same.  Other parts don't.

Every 3 years most groups redesign with their uniform company. If I am right 2014 was the first year of the current uniform with the red sash, then the striped colors, and last year was the grey strips. 

I was first introduced to DCI in '04, and while the mid 2000s solidified each corps' iconic uniforms into my memory, keeping up with the new looks lately has been one more thing to look forward to in each season.

From visiting forums like these, to following corps social media / visiting dci's website / listening to the corps' name being mentioned twice when they take the field, the confusion about who's who out there seems a little unwarranted.

Those are just my two cents though :P

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, BlueStainGlass said:

Every 3 years most groups redesign with their uniform company. If I am right 2014 was the first year of the current uniform with the red sash, then the striped colors, and last year was the grey strips. 

I am certainly not privy to the terms of the contract, but the Crossmen have been redesigning only the jacket and other minor things like hat bands.  The black pants and aussies have remained consistent.  We'll see tomorrow if this is a continuation. 

6 hours ago, LabMaster said:

Be prepared to worry my friend.  I think we are seeing the beginning of corps making significant uni/costume changes each year or more frequently. IMO it's the final frontier so to speak for corps visually.  As corps explore more cohesive musical themes and are successful with them, the complete program package will be to have the costuming tie the program together.  It began a few years ago and hit the accelerator with Bluecoats last year (Academy too).  The visual designers are unleashing their creativity as they become more collaborative with the music designers.  And, the way new costumes are made (printing on fabric) brings costs to a manageable point where more frequent costume changes can be made.

It's been that way in WGI for a long while.  My son teaches a winter percussion ensemble.  Different costumes every season. 

5 minutes ago, BlueStainGlass said:

DCaSbfIVwAArnKJ.jpg:large

well thats something

mXyupD1.gif

Edited by Cappybara

I guess a positive is that I can atleast tell this is the Crossmen. Can't say the same for BAC

10 minutes ago, BlueStainGlass said:

DCaSbfIVwAArnKJ.jpg:large

well thats something

It actually took me quite a while to figure out who this is.  I thought Cavaliers or Scouts at first then noticed the female tuba player.  

Every season stands out for one reason or another.  2017 will definitely be the season of "progressive" uniforms. 

Edited by Mac13