2017 Uniform Thread

Just now, Liahona said:

For the RECORD...Bluecoats last year was my FAVORITE show...with SCV a close 2nd...

I'm hamming up the joke.

6 hours ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

Now that I think of it, it seems that the Crown 2010-2012 uniform style has been very "in" lately. Besides this year's BAC, just look at corps like the Cavaliers, Blue Stars, Seattle Cascades, even BD. I understand why this style is popular, but it's everywhere!

I had the same thought!  Genesis and Legends (oops - spoiler) in Open Class as well. When we look at the influential designs used in DCI, I would *not* have thought those unis would be up there, but numbers suggest they most certainly are.

Mike

1 minute ago, cfirwin3 said:

Everybody has their weight on the same foot,

Are you looking at the same picture?  I see roughly 13 on their left and 9 on their right, though some of them are more in mid-transition than on either foot.   And given that my eyes are getting worse, I'll even give you a plus/minus of 2 as a margin of error. 

If you want to write it off and say it's early season, it happens to everyone, it's no big deal ... that's fine.  But let's not present alternate facts.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Eleran said:

Are you looking at the same picture?  I see roughly 13 on their left and 9 on their right, though some of them are more in mid-transition than on either foot.   And given that my eyes are getting worse, I'll even give you a plus/minus of 2 as a margin of error. 

If you want to write it off and say it's early season, it happens to everyone, it's no big deal ... that's fine.  But let's not present alternate facts.

We could do this for every corps, at modern drill velocity, and still-shot some apparent garbage.  Look, here is BD, from finals run, where they won visual! =8-o

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Eleran said:

As I said, if you want to say every corps is guilty, that's one thing.  But let's not simply deny the reality that there were issues.

Fair enough. As the person that claimed "execution" said, they were talking about the execution of the uniform design and implementation, not the marching.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, mingusmonk said:

We could do this for every corps, at modern drill velocity, and still-shot some apparent garbage.  Look, here is BD, from finals run, where they won visual! =8-o

Problem number one of the comparison is all of these people are traveling in different directions. The right side is marching forward and the left is moving towards side 1 which will cause lower body differences. The previous one was of all people facing and moving in the same direction. Just my $.02. 

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, BlueStainGlass said:

Problem number one of the comparison is all of these people are traveling in different directions. The right side is marching forward and the left is moving towards side 1 which will cause lower body differences. The previous one was of all people facing and moving in the same direction. Just my $.02. 

On the move, it doesn't appear that the break to the front sideline is supposed to occur until the last 6 counts. When this shot was taken, they are on the same path. The bones going to the sideline are forecasting/anticipating their final set early. End result, it is messy on the move and in screen-shot.

Edited by mingusmonk

Just now, Eleran said:

As I said, if you want to say every corps is guilty, that's one thing.  But let's not simply deny the reality that there were issues.

Oh dadnabbit...

Your own fair criticism of my comment (which I assume was about the 'weight on one foot' thing) readily notes that most of them are in transition.  Obviously some will be closer to one side of that and others will be closer to the other side... caught forever in a freeze frame of criticism.  My point is that they are in the same stride on the same foot, in the same step.  They are all going from the same foot to the same foot.  You are also saying as much right?

There aren't issues... when the only issue is being human, and all other humans, across generations of humans doing the same thing, look the same, in the same context.

Garfield 1987.  Same stuff going on here, moderate tempo, non-transition.... and all throughout the show.  Because we don't watch drumcorps one-frame-at-a-time:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0ByUjL8Ulr7dBUVc2eDlMNG5Xb3M