2017 Uniform Thread

Boston...what were you thinking...modern pilgrims?

38 minutes ago, FTNK said:

Won't the oxidized whatever patterns just look black from a distance (like most digital printed uniform elements)? Are designers making choices to play to up-close shots on Jumbtron? DVDs? BluRay? whatever? 

THIS!

Our future must include maximizing the ability of audio/video technology to tell a "story" better than ever before. That audience is far bigger than any in-person audience could ever be.

As stated before, today's productions are MUCH different given the advantages of multi-cam, wireless mics, close-ups and all the rest at our disposal. I happen to think a well-planned telecast of what's going on out there is more rich and enveloping to the senses. Yet, it's all the SAME production! The patterned fabrics and textures involved, even those highly stylized efforts, come into play in a brand new way.

Best recent example, I think is 2016 Blue Stars. Several others, too, going back about a decade.

2 hours ago, Liahona said:

Quality of execution....BS!

17903472_1928200010728678_67041595963034

Bluecoats didn't win high visual/marching...

Off topic sorry

• Like 1

3 hours ago, FTNK said:

Like everything in drum corps (and life?), it comes down to quality of execution. Bluecoats' costumes looked good and worked wonderfully with their show, so now we're going to have every corps in show-themed costumes (many of which are ill-conceived and look like ####)

084.png

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Liahona said:

Quality of execution....BS!

17903472_1928200010728678_67041595963034

Don't know when this show was, but I am surprised ATD to this portion of drill was not covered better, especially being up front like this.

Just now, Ghost said:

Don't know when this show was, but I am surprised ATD to this portion of drill was not covered better, especially being up front like this.

I think this is the transition leading to the ballad

Just now, Triple Forte said:

Bluecoats didn't win high visual/marching...

Off topic sorry

Yeah... and he picked the Tubas... who everyone knows are just one step higher on the cognitive ladder from percussionists...

Jeepers... could the criticism be any more loaded!

:whistle:

4 minutes ago, cfirwin3 said:

Yeah... and he picked the Tubas... who everyone knows are just one step higher on the cognitive ladder from percussionists...

Jeepers... could the criticism be any more loaded!

:whistle:

For the RECORD...Bluecoats last year was my FAVORITE show...with SCV a close 2nd...

• Like 2

Just now, Ghost said:

Oh c'mon guys...

It's a still frame, taken who knows when in the season...

Everybody has their weight on the same foot, is going in the same direction, at darn near the same interval... and it doesn't look like they are move slowly...

If that picture is to be taken as it is probably suggested (think about this for a moment) then THIS still would be the most lucky shot ever taken, where the step of the individuals actually lines up.  We all know that isn't the case.  This is just a 'still' that demonstrates the phasing of 22 different minds as viewed in "Matrix bullet-time".

Like I said before.  Take a still shot out of any championship performance and you will see more of this decontextualized argument fodder.