Pick Any Show Throughout All Time and Eternity That You Wish You Saw Live

ok this may sound weird but - 1973 Commodores.  First time I listened to it on the legacy CDs I'm thinking - 12th place corps....1973....might sound a little rough.  BUT holy cow!  What a show - I believe the legendary Jim Ott arrange some or all of the brass for that show.  I know the phrase "ahead of it's time" is overused to the point of being a cliche, but I think that year there were two - Stockton Commodores and Argonne Rebels with Fanfare For The New.  

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

ok this may sound weird but - 1973 Commodores.  First time I listened to it on the legacy CDs I'm thinking - 12th place corps....1973....might sound a little rough.  BUT holy cow!  What a show - I believe the legendary Jim Ott arrange some or all of the brass for that show.  I know the phrase "ahead of it's time" is overused to the point of being a cliche, but I think that year there were two - Stockton Commodores and Argonne Rebels with Fanfare For The New.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIGl7kVKul0

wasn't that a young Bonnie Ott as mello soloist before she moved to BD?

2014 Blue Devils

1993 Star of Indiana

2006 Cavaliers

1965 Chicago Royal Airs

1969 Yankee Rebels (DCA)

1968 Long Island Sunrisers (DCA)

1972 Blue Stars

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, xandandl said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIGl7kVKul0

wasn't that a young Bonnie Ott as mello soloist before she moved to BD?

Yes that was Bonnie Ott

1975 Hawthorne Muchachos at Finals in Philly

( But I don't feel TOO bad, as nobody else saw them live at this show either as it turns out. )

Edited by BRASSO

2 hours ago, HockeyDad said:

My mom loved the Commodores!  73 was a really great year for them.  I remember thinking boy if BD could only knock them off and Knight Raiders one day we could rub elbows with those Vanguard rascals.

2 hours ago, Fran Haring said:

2014 Blue Devils

1993 Star of Indiana

2006 Cavaliers

1965 Chicago Royal Airs

1969 Yankee Rebels (DCA)

1968 Long Island Sunrisers (DCA)

1972 Blue Stars

I suppose if the question allows us more than one show for a reply, I got about 400-500 or more Corps shows I could list.." from all time & eternity".., that I wish " that I saw live".

Edited by BRASSO

We are asked only " one " show ? ( tough question.. lol!)

Ok then :  2003 Blue Devils " The Phenomenon of Cool " ( 1st place ). I saw and heard it on video, but not " live " this season.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 3