Loudest Moments Ever???

1995 Scouts was the loudest corps I never heard because of the crowd.  :)

Allentown encore of 1996 Blue Devils, was standing in front of center marimba, that was sick.

1999 Blue Devils at FInals was intensely loud from beginning to end, what a performance.

• Like 1

Another vote for BD 1996 prelims, opening hit. 

On 5/7/2017 at 1:01 PM, jwillis35 said:

How about you let him respond to the question any way he wishes. None of your business how other people respond to a question. You can answer it any way you wish. 

I was probably being a little sensitive. Being around this forum since its inception long ago, I was presumptuous enough to feel like this was heading in the direction of Decibels, Recording Qualities vs Live, Electronics and inevitably ... G vs Bb. Rather than just entertaining the intent of the OP. What did you find loudest?

It was wrong of me to assume.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lance said:

Also, SCV's opening hit in 2004 made my 8 year-old nephew cry in the stands. 

My local-circuit junior corps, circa 1975-76... our horn line was so out of tune, we made people cry on a regular basis!!! :lol:

29 minutes ago, mingusmonk said:

I was probably being a little sensitive. Being around this forum since its inception long ago, I was presumptuous enough to feel like this was heading in the direction of Decibels, Recording Qualities vs Live, Electronics and inevitably ... G vs Bb. Rather than just entertaining the intent of the OP. What did you find loudest?

It was wrong of me to assume.

Didn't mean to get on your case.  It just looked to me like you were yelling at the guy.  It's all good. Sorry if I came across harsh.  

For me: Live in performance I'd have to say Blue Devils 1984 - especially La Fiesta.  Star of Indiana 1992 is also there. Although more symphonic through most of their show, their opening big hit was HUGE!

Live in Stand Still: Phantom Regiment of 1991. 

Edited by jwillis35