Darkhorse 2017

Hmm I'm thinking Cadets will suprise folks come finals. I wouldn't really call SCV a dark horse, theyre so good this year. Founder's trophy good. I said it.

SCV doesn't fit the definition of a dark horse. At all. 

The Cadets, on the other hand...

• Like 1

6 hours ago, henry7184 said:

They've somehow out-cooled the Bluecoats. :)

I think most neutral observers will disagree with this. Not saying it isn't a good show, but they don't have the same cool factor as Bloo. 

• Like 2

Could Blue Devils "B" possibly make finals?  Would it be allowed?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, resguy said:

Could Blue Devils "B" possibly make finals?  Would it be allowed?

Of course it'd be allowed. That said, the strength of the 10-15 place bunch is pretty incredible this year, so BDB would have to REALLY bring it. Personally I'm not as impressed with their show design this year compared to the last couple of years, so I think it might be a tougher climb. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Cappybara said:

SCV doesn't fit the definition of a dark horse. At all. 

The Cadets, on the other hand...

That is correct. Because G Hop is going to do this by himself. HOW could it not be a dark horse! 

I think SCV does fit the dark horse tag because sure, they're consistently top 6, but have never really been IN the hunt.

and Cadets too qualify this year. I think they turn major heads by the end of July.

under that grouping, it'll be fun to see what Crossmen and Boston pull off

I'm curious as the the opinions on the Colts and Troopers this season?  I haven't seen either of their shows yet, and it's killing me.  Mandarins, Academy, Colts, and Troopers I think are going to be at each others throats this year!

I like Mandarins, but question the legitimacy of a 13th ranking.  As for Academy, I think the corps is great but the show is way too slow and not what it needs to be.

I've heard the Colts have a few teary moments in their show, but little more than that.

I haven't heard ANYTHING from Troopers.

Anyone have any words?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, goodmello said:

I'm curious as the the opinions on the Colts and Troopers this season?  I haven't seen either of their shows yet, and it's killing me.  Mandarins, Academy, Colts, and Troopers I think are going to be at each others throats this year!

I like Mandarins, but question the legitimacy of a 13th ranking.  As for Academy, I think the corps is great but the show is way too slow and not what it needs to be.

I've heard the Colts have a few teary moments in their show, but little more than that.

I haven't heard ANYTHING from Troopers.

Anyone have any words?

Yeah...one corps being overlooked by everybody and they have a hell of a show. 

• Like 1