Muncie Madness - June 30, 2017

One thing that stood out last night was that Bloo sounded much tighter in the intro and closer in a close setting than they do on the field. I feel like a lot of their high demand, syncopated, far spread out stuff has really struggled to lock in tightly across the field many times (including finals last year), and this stand still performance was a stark contrast to that and sounded much better. They are relying on so much listening demand across big spaces that it's almost impossible to lock that in and it bugs me every time they miss it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Brass Lover said:

They probably will, and that's fine. Theyre talking about their personal enjoyment of the show not necessarily its competitive value. You can't force people to like a show they don't but its fine if you do. I quite enjoy what Crown has this year. You can't get in a fuss every time the world doesn't agree with you.

Some people enjoy living in an echo chamber.  Especially here on DCP.  

• Like 6

33 minutes ago, defeldus2 said:

One thing that stood out last night was that Bloo sounded much tighter in the intro and closer in a close setting than they do on the field. I feel like a lot of their high demand, syncopated, far spread out stuff has really struggled to lock in tightly across the field many times (including finals last year), and this stand still performance was a stark contrast to that and sounded much better. They are relying on so much listening demand across big spaces that it's almost impossible to lock that in and it bugs me every time they miss it.

I remember that was a huge problem for them early on last year. I cringed everytime that opener was out of synch. By finals it was fantastic though so give it time. Its only a little over a week now!

• Like 3

15 hours ago, George Dixon said:

So if I'm understanding this correctly... we are all idiots but we should listen to your opinion as virtually gold. Quite persuasive lol 

Hundreds of thousands of dollars invested in brass and percussion equipment and amazing talent in both sections, yet they're singing into a hundred dollar microphone expecting us to go

- wow gee unbelievable vocals let's all sing along. Whose the idiot? Not me I'm going to get a glass of wine waiting for those naughty little Blue Devils and Bloo. 

Edited by Poppycock
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Poppycock said:

Hundreds of thousands of dollars invested in brass and percussion equipment and amazing talent in both sections, yet they're singing into a hundred dollar microphone expecting us to go

- wow gee unbelievable vocals let's all sing along. Whose the idiot? Not me I'm going to get a glass of wine waiting for those naughty little Blue Devils and Bloo. 

I like Pinot Grigio and Sauvignon Blanc this time of year.

Edited by Jurassic Lancer
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Poppycock said:

Of course we could have a wine fit for Blue Devils, Bluecoats and Cadets -- Blue Nun.

Edited by Jurassic Lancer
  • Like 3

55 minutes ago, Poppycock said:

I....sang along with Academy for the Mary Poppins show...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, defeldus2 said:

I feel like a lot of their high demand, syncopated, far spread out stuff has really struggled to lock in tightly across the field many times (including finals last year)

Finals last year???  Interesting none of the judges mentioned that.  I didn't hear it.  I guess I could have missed it.  Probably screaming to loud :-)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Poppycock said:

I suspect you've already had at least one glass.

• Like 2