Drum Corps at the Rose Bowl - July 1, 2017

1 minute ago, Musicman1084 said:

Blue Knights guard in 5th by a LOT.  Wow...

I wonder if it's the lack of equipment work with more traditional equipment? Not sure, but that may be it. I think they need to dump a lot of that non-traditional equipment. It really doesn't add to the show, IMO.

1 minute ago, brassdude6171 said:

Vanguard wins music again. They start cleaning up the little things that come with time, such as the roll step for visual, and the electronic/prop usage for GE, they may push BD into a bronze.

Their use of the props is really cool and very innovative all throughout the show. That's one thing that this BD show really is missing. The props really don't seem to have any connection to the show concept, other than they stand at the opposite end of,the BD timeline from the starting line. 

• Like 3

Just now, brassdude6171 said:

So what's the deal with Academy starting so slow? From everything I've seen (literally just the Stanford shows from both), there's no reason Mandarins should be ahead, especially by 2.

There is a reason.  Mandarins performed better, and have a better designed show.  I dont think Academy has a very good design this year and it shows on the sheets.

• Like 5

Just now, brassdude6171 said:

So what's the deal with Academy starting so slow? From everything I've seen (literally just the Stanford shows from both), there's no reason Mandarins should be ahead, especially by 2.

Yes, there is. Academy's show is not at the level, design or execution, as it was last year. Plain and simple. Last year's show was really design perfection. This year's - not so much. 

• Like 2

How was it that SCV's score was first reported here as 74.05--what caused that glitch?

1 minute ago, henry7184 said:

I wonder if it's the lack of equipment work with more traditional equipment? Not sure, but that may be it. I think they need to dump a lot of that non-traditional equipment. It really doesn't add to the show, IMO.

Their last two shows, their props looked cheap and small for the field. 

1 minute ago, BoaDci said:

Something is wrong here...I dont understand how SCV took music captions but not visual captions, and BD took visual captions not music captions.

I think Vanguard's show is perfection. And, now they have a top tier brass line IMO. This could be their year - for sure.