Marvelous Minnesota, July 8

2 minutes ago, DrumManTx said:

Another layer that seems to be going over a ton of peoples heads is the Fosse influence, have dug into that a little more and watched some movies/stuff that he was involved with and I think it's pretty incredible what they're doing with that.  That's a whole other part of this show all together.  

Yes.  The Fosse touches are great and very nicely woven into the show. They'd be smart to use social media ala BD360 to draw that out and show some Fosse choreography as they approach finals. I suspect the judges see it but there's probably a lot of crowd that doesn't see all of it. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, shofmon88 said:

Bluecoats is entertaining, and performed at a high level. But the show is a bit vapid compared to SCV. I think this is SCV's night to push ahead. 

SCV will not move ahead of Bluecoats until they move ahead of Blue Devils.

• Like 2

Just now, BlueStainGlass said:

Arent they the same?

The comments about Bluecoats shows being similar for a few years reminds me how I felt about Blue Devils 2014 - 2016 and Carolina Crown 2013 - 2016.  

IMO there are a ton of things that are noticeably different but I suspect you are grounded in that opinion so I won't go into that.  

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, KVG_DC said:

Switch to multicam and...get the SCV from mid ballad again and likely Bloo too!

#winning

Except...multicam seems to have restart/buffer issues as it plays the delayed shows.  Annoying.  Glad I swapped to high cam for the last two shows.  

Fix it Flo...

Edited by KVG_DC

2 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

This BD fan respects the hell outta the Bluecoats! Great run and you guys are too cool. Swag for days! Obviously i am rooting for my Devils, but if BD is destined to take another silver, it would be an honor to lose that show. Great job Coats.

Amen!! I love the Bluecoats first and foremost...but the top 5-6 corps the past years are simply #### entertaining!! I am just happy to enjoy this activity and tell people about!! I am glad I don't have to pick a winner....but it makes for good forum chatter, eh :)

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

This BD fan respects the hell outta the Bluecoats! Great run and you guys are too cool. Swag for days! Obviously i am rooting for my Devils, but if BD is destined to take another silver, it would be an honor to lose that show. Great job Coats.

Few corps can honestly claim to be as powerful in full ensemble sound as Blue Devils, but Bluecoats are just flat out jaw dropping power. And the kids just sell the whole show, every step of the way. Fun to watch, just so much fun! If I were a high school first chair, I'd be begging for a chance to be on that bus. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, BlueStainGlass said:

Arent they the same?

I see quite a bit that's different with both, but they've found their niche and have gone all in on it. Much like other corps.

Edited by dcsnare93
  • Like 1