DCI Orlando - July 8, 2017

6 hours ago, UKSuperman said:

Why poor me? I'm just tired of seeing a twitter feed on dcp. If I wanted a bac tweet fest I'd get on twitter. 

It's a forum, and as long as what he's posting is relevant and not against DCP's guidelines, he can post whatever he wants. Who made you a mod? 

If you don't want to see it, put him on ignore and stop whining like a baby. 

• Like 7

11 hours ago, Poppycock said:

Especially Cavies. Putting good distance between themselves and Cadets. From .2 to 1.4 

But .90 of the 1.2 increase in that gap came from one judge. So we have to wait for a few more head-to-heads in big shows to see if it was the GE2 judge in the South Carolina show who "over-scored" the Cadets or the GE2 judge in the Florida who "over-scored" the Cavies.  With only .2 increase in spread coming for the performance itself, it's hard to imagine that Cavies had such a better show last night or Cadets the night before.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, fifer said:

But .90 of the 1.2 increase in that gap came from one judge. So we have to wait for a few more head-to-heads in big shows to see if it was the GE2 judge in the South Carolina show who "over-scored" the Cadets or the GE2 judge in the Florida who "over-scored" the Cavies.  With only .2 increase in spread coming for the performance itself, it's hard to imagine that Cavies had such a better show last night or Cadets the night before.

Actually GE1 judge had the Cavaliers higher by .4 and GE2 judge had them higher by .6 leading to a 1 point advantage. It looks like two judges both scored them much higher.

39 minutes ago, GREENBLUE said:

Actually GE1 judge had the Cavaliers higher by .4 and GE2 judge had them higher by .6 leading to a 1 point advantage. It looks like two judges both scored them much higher.

And GE1 had Cavies at same .4 spread over Cadets the previous night (read my post again, I was comparing last night to night before).  But previous night, GE2 had Cadets over Cavies by .30.  Last night, it was Cavies over Cadets in GE2 by .60.  So, .60 plus .30 equals a .90 jump in GE2 in one contest.  Leaving only .20 of Cavies' increased spread over Cadets attributed to performance. 

Edited by fifer

43 minutes ago, Ediker said:

I'm certain Boston's designers are aware that none of the accused in Salem were burned. It was a design decision. Hangings are pretty low GE events. A burning is an audio/visual spectacle. 

I don't think it's important for a drum corps show to be a literal telling of history.  Think of it as a historical novel.  A few liberties are taken to enhance the storyline.

• Like 5

18 hours ago, jjeffeory said:

I feel like the judges got the go ahead to just let the scores go up a bit, but I'm sure everyone is improving, just not at the same rate.

From whom?

3 hours ago, Ediker said:

I'm certain Boston's designers are aware that none of the accused in Salem were burned. It was a design decision. Hangings are pretty low GE events. A burning is an audio/visual spectacle. 

Can't wait for the land grab and misogyny tributes and Cotton Mather readings, :22_stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Well done BAC!! Carriest forward, thee.:cheer:

• Like 2