Does BAC overtake Cadets by San Antonio?

It's all about the recaps.  Boston is performing the stuffing out of a production with less content than what The Cadets are doing.  If -- and it's a big if -- The Cadets perform up to their content, they'll retake Boston.  My personal beef with The Cadets is the choir which often covers up brass parts which were big scoring moments in the 1983 version of Bernstein's Mass and I'm not sure anything can be done about that.  

For you Boston fans, please don't gloat.  Enjoy your moment for what it is and understand what your 2017 corps just did.  Yes, I know there's a lot of, "Yeah, man!  Hoppy finally got served!" thought going around and while I understand this, I don't think it's helpful.  For those of you who are fans of The Cadets, congratulate Boston sincerely and understand their production takes a lot more effort to perform cleanly.

Meanwhile, I'm just trying to keep the Boston-Cadets rivalry a friendly one.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ThirdValvesAreForWimps said:

It's all about the recaps.  Boston is performing the stuffing out of a production with less content than what The Cadets are doing.  If -- and it's a big if -- The Cadets perform up to their content, they'll retake Boston.  My personal beef with The Cadets is the choir which often covers up brass parts which were big scoring moments in the 1983 version of Bernstein's Mass and I'm not sure anything can be done about that.  

For you Boston fans, please don't gloat.  Enjoy your moment for what it is and understand what your 2017 corps just did.  Yes, I know there's a lot of, "Yeah, man!  Hoppy finally got served!" thought going around and while I understand this, I don't think it's helpful.  For those of you who are fans of The Cadets, congratulate Boston sincerely and understand The Cadets' production takes a lot more effort to perform cleanly.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, 777hornman said:

First congrats to BAC for over taking the CADETS always a great accomplishment . 

Welcome back to the top 6. 

Seriously?  If you really think that is all that is going on here, you have no clue.   Nobody in Boston is gloating.  What are you going to say when BK and a couple others blast by Cadets by this weekend?  If I were you, I'd be more concerned with why the Cadets are hanging on for dear life....AGAIN.

Edited by Cainan
Inflammatory language
  • Like 4

9 hours ago, LabMaster said:

So it was Atlanta.  Do you like apples? How do you like them apples?  This is for UK and Tobias too.

"Well, I got her nummbah" 

• Like 1

First congrats to BAC for over taking the CADETS always a great accomplishment . 

Wow - Surprised this type of posts could make it in here.  Things change, no sense in the hater aid. :juggle:

Edited by Cainan
Inflammatory language
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, E3D said:

Wow - Surprised this type of posts could make it in here.  Things change, no sense in the hater aid. :juggle:

I know.  People leaves gigs all the time.  Better work environment, more money, or they just want a change.    I didn't know they signed up for life. 

• Like 9

I hear the BAC staff are a happy, motivated, and fearless lot. Congrats!

Edited by Cainan
Inflammatory language
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, craiga said:

Seriously?  If you really think that is all that is going on here, you have no clue.   Nobody in Boston is gloating.  What are you going to say when BK and a couple others blast by Cadets by this weekend?  If I were you, I'd be more concerned with why the Cadets are hanging on for dear life....AGAIN.

I'm a Mass native and a long time Cadets fan, so I'm loving the rivalry. But hanging on for dear life? That's a pretty harsh assessment. I'm happy for BAC, but I'm not ruling out a Cadets rally. And while I don't expect the 2017 program to suddenly rival SCV or BD, it would be odious to assume you know what's going to happen. Five weeks is a long time. Didn't ANYONE watch the Super Bowl? 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ThirdValvesAreForWimps said:

For you Boston fans, please don't gloat.  Enjoy your moment for what it is and understand what your 2017 corps just did.  Yes, I know there's a lot of, "Yeah, man!  Hoppy finally got served!" thought going around and while I understand this, I don't think it's helpful.  For those of you who are fans of The Cadets, congratulate Boston sincerely and understand their production takes a lot more effort to perform cleanly.

I'm with you on the rivalry thing.  It is a good thing for DCI.  This helps expand the east coast offerings for MM's as well.  But I don't think anyone is gloating and if they are, they deserve it a little.  It has been 37 years man!  C'mon!  Boston put a plan together and it is coming together.  Maybe even a bit ahead of schedule in many respects. That is always good to see, and you are one of the planners, very gratifying too.  Boston has had good success over the many years since they reached top 12.  They have been as high as 5th two times.  This year feels different as it shows that Boston can put together a program on the level as the top 6.  This shows they are on the right track with how DCI is transforming/evolving.  I hope it continues on the upward trajectory.  I believe it will and we should enjoy whatever "victories" so to speak, happen along the way.  Lastly, I don't believe anyone in Boston is saying anything about Hoppy.  The focus of the staff and kids, alumni and friends and fans, is on the development of the program and show and not much else.

• Like 5

9 hours ago, CorpwithanS said:

*snip*

Honestly I did not know how to properly reply to that post. I see a couple of members have a very good way to respond. 

Edited by JohnZ
content removed
  • Like 2