posted from the DrumScorps app

Don't you mean "i, i, Captain?"

Both work for me.

• Like 1

Actually, I like the Knights show much better than BD's

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KVG_DC said:

Since 2015, BK's shows have had me thinking, "I remember back when the Blue Devils had the weirdest shows in DCI."  

Once they actually get the hit and that really nice way of weaving the percussion writing into the horn book begins, I can dig it. But that start is just weird to the point of distraction. 

They are incredibly talented, but may have    gone overboard on the esoteric.

• Like 5

BK's mic'd snare is the coolest effect of the entire season.  Feels underappreciated.

Who/what controls the pitch change?

1 minute ago, DrumManTx said:

And I 100% totally disagree with you. 

:)

This is where someone says "oh yeah?"

• Like 1

I have so many questions regarding Blue Knights' guard, but it can be summed up with one word: Why?

Why are they not costumed to distinguish themselves more from the corps proper and allow themselves to draw visual interest?  Why the need for a costume change that looks EXACTLY the same as the prior costume?  Why are they carting around those vertigo-inducing circular props and mirrors for SO much of the show, rather than adding more effective movement and equipment work?

• Like 3

1 minute ago, POSITIVenrgy said:

We'll see. I don't think the judges were giving SCV their due in the beginning of the season. Time will tell, of course. Both shows are great..... I'm just a little weary of the BD formula. Well, a lot weary. 

In no way am i saying SCV can't beat BD. Any can be beat on any given night. And SCV blew me away in Riverside. Love me some SCV. But they haven't beaten BD yet is all i was saying. And BD beat them by a comfortable margin in Riverside. 

And we all know if this situation was reverse, SCV was 4-0 against BD, and Devs fans said what you said in your previous post, it would ignite a firestorm of epic proportions in this thread and forum. Devs beat SCV because they outperformed them in those four matchups. When SCV wins, it will be because they outperformed BD etc. Like you are weary of BDs formula, i am weary of people hiding behind the judges when their corps doesn't win. 

• Like 1