3 SHADES OF BLUE and friends Denver, Co

Blue Knights were one of my favorite corps in 2014 and 2015, and while the corps has gotten even better, I feel like the musical side of things has continued to progress and the visual side of things has stagnated and maybe even taken a few steps back.  I just feel like the OBVIOUS talent they have is not getting utilized.  

I'm also getting sick of seeing the exact same ending every year.  

• Like 1

This show may be out there, but I find it far more interesting than the Cadets production. I also think they place ahead of Boston when they meet up. This feels like the sixth place show this year. 

• Like 4

Knights guard is somewhat clumsy in execution, but the rest of the corps is very close for sure.

• Like 1

OK. I predict a medel for this corps in the near future. That is an opinion that I am making based on there last several seasons and on the fact that when they deliver, man, can they deliver. 

• Like 3

Just now, DrumManTx said:

Blue Knights were one of my favorite corps in 2014 and 2015, and while the corps has gotten even better, I feel like the musical side of things has continued to progress and the visual side of things has stagnated and maybe even taken a few steps back.  I just feel like the OBVIOUS talent they have is not getting utilized.  

I'm also getting sick of seeing the exact same ending every year.  

Yeah, Im with you on all of this.  BK is one of those corps that completely blows me away in some ways, and in other ways, the opposite.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Musicman1084 said:

I have so many questions regarding Blue Knights' guard, but it can be summed up with one word: Why?

Why are they not costumed to distinguish themselves more from the corps proper and allow themselves to draw visual interest?  Why the need for a costume change that looks EXACTLY the same as the prior costume?  Why are they carting around those vertigo-inducing circular props and mirrors for SO much of the show, rather than adding more effective movement and equipment work?

They should at least upgrade the guard team over the offseason, if not the whole visual design team.

I don't mind their show designs being weird. What I do mind is sacrificing competency in a category for the weirdness.

• Like 4

As with last year, BK finishes and I'm thinking, "That was really well done! But what the hell did I just watch?" 

• Like 3

There's no accounting for taste, but I for one love that BK is willing to push the envelope in terms of design.  I recognize that there are problems with the visual design, and the guard needs a lot of work, but to say it was incomprehensible is just absurd.

• Like 3

Just now, Cadevilina Crown said:

They should at least upgrade the guard team over the offseason, if not the whole visual design team.

I don't mind their show designs being weird. What I do mind is sacrificing competency in a category for the weirdness.

If you gave this corps a REALLY good visual team, and I'm talking guard, design, drill, everything.......there is your next new champion.

• Like 4