Baron DeKalb's Regimental Tattoo - NIU 7/15

Just now, rrunyon1 said:

Vocals, vocals and vocals. Just stop already. SCV didnt seem to use any. I realize they did but it seemed like they didn't. SCV reminded me of old school like from the early 00'. 

It's Drum Choir International now.  Haven't you heard?

• Like 1

Just can't really get into this version of Cavaliers...  not a fan of that brass sound quality at all.  Drums are great, but SCV was better.  They should watch their backs for BAC.

• Like 1

Cavies. Hated hated hated it in the theater. WGI style. won me over by the start of the ballad. Stark step up in every caption's design and execution from Cadets. Guard has amazing presence. Shades of early 2000s. Keep this up for the next few years and they'll be medaling

• Like 2

Neighborhood kids in back stands conducting, running stairs, climbing over railing, pulling my focus.  Serenity Now.

KY scores are in:

Crown 84.1

Boston 81.95

Madison 76.4

Spirit 69.8

Jesery Surf 60.75

Wow, nice job Cavies. There's a lot going on in that show! Love the opener, and the inclusion of the Lou Gehrig speech snippet. To me, the Mars/My Way mashup is a little off. They're really bringing it, though, in general. 

• Like 1

Just now, rrunyon1 said:

Vocals, vocals and vocals. Just stop already. SCV didnt seem to use any. I realize they did but it seemed like they didn't. SCV reminded me of old school like from the early 00'. 

What the Cavies made me realize about SCV is that SCV's show is designed to be seamless.  There's discernible tunes, stages,  moments, etc. but they flow right into each other.  

Cavies design is much different. They're going for a series of blows. Like a boxer landing a series of flurries then stepping back a bit and doing footwork before going into another attack. 

Theyre both great design and execution, but very very different.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Treefidy said:

I do not like the singing of my way :(

Have to agree. I love seeing Cavaliers back in the hunt, but their last two shows don't have the elegance that SCV, BD, Bluecoats and Crown seem to have mastered. Too many samples, over the top acting, and in your face messaging.

• Like 2

For me.....

Best connection of the season! Microphone placement isn't the greatest but great streaming tonight!