The REAL San Antonio Rough Riders Thread

2 hours ago, afd said:

Yeah. Manhatten Beach or Marina Del Rey or Venice is the closest to Lax. Maybe Santa Monica and the pier but that might be a bit far for only 5hrs. Use Uber or Lyft is my suggestion. Anything inland is probably not ideal. 

And no matter where you go, prepare for a long commute. Even if it says you're only 5 miles away, that could be over and hour's drive with the insane traffic out there! :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, drumcorpsfever said:

FINALLY!  The day is here when we can toss out all the conjecture about scores from different shows, whacky TOC results, and just get to the business of an old-fashioned regional show.  

Go EVERYONE!!!

Unless BD opens the gap on everyone, which then we result to saying the TOC shows are the real scores and don't put any stock in the regional scores so the anti-BD  fans can feel better out themselves when they sleep tonight. And i know you aren't one of them Drumcorpsfever. You have given BD lots of love and respect this season.

But yes...........GO EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!  

Edited by Chief Guns
  • Like 2

So excited to see everyone today. I think I'm most excited to see Crown and BDs hornlines. Can't wait to see SCV and BAC shows too.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, mjoakes said:

It's a good arrangement for a show, though. Walkable from hotels, indoors with no threat of rain or lightning, air-conditioning during hot July, and a great lineup of corps. Definitely worth trying to plan for it. (Although you still have Allentown, a set of shows I hope to get to one of these years.)

Yep I've been to Allentown before! I'm not the biggest fan of it as a venue though, its acoustics are not as great imo 

i really enjoyed the show at Annapolis that I went to last year. Stadium had great acoustics :)

Just gotta honk really loudly for all my fellow Texas Tech buddies performing tonight in Bluecoats, Blue Knights, Phantom Regiment, Santa Clara Vanguard, Crossmen, And The Academy. Good luck y'all!  SO excited to see all of them perform. Also, go Crown and Cadets! 

2 hours ago, Cappybara said:

Yep I've been to Allentown before! I'm not the biggest fan of it as a venue though, its acoustics are not as great imo 

i really enjoyed the show at Annapolis that I went to last year. Stadium had great acoustics :)

Not sure if you have ever looked into the show at Chester, Pa but that stadium has very good acoustics (IMO). You are never very high up, even in the top sections and its a pricey $$ show to attend. I only wish they had turf so corps would use all their tarps and props for the full experience!! 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, ftwdrummer said:

I can't recall if it's been posted earlier--do we have panels for today yet?

Yes we do. 

M. Stone and M. Gray on GE1

K. Turner and A. Kristensen on GE2

C. Nelson on Visual Proficiency

K. Giese on Visual Analysis

M. Lentz on Colorguard 

S. Page on Brass

W. Dillon on Music Analysis 

A. Dunn and M. Griffin on Percussion

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

Yes we do. 

M. Stone and M. Gray on GE1

K. Turner and A. Kristensen on GE2

C. Nelson on Visual Proficiency

K. Giese on Visual Analysis

M. Lentz on Colorguard 

S. Page on Brass

W. Dillon on Music Analysis 

A. Dunn and M. Griffin on Percussion

Based on this panel, look for Boston's guard score to drop tonight.

• Like 1

I am on a bus trying to get home for the start. It is pouring rain in DC. 

Im likely to miss the start of only to dry off!