Corps staffers gather: What would you tell them

Keep going. Remember the fans, but also remember small but very vocal subsets do not speak for the majority no matter what they claim. be smart with physical risks to the kids health and for the love god, don't abuse them, but they aren't precious snowflakes either. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Newseditor44 said:

Or quoting my friend Notabando: anananana hhhhopkkkkkinnssssswwwwwwwooookieeszzzzzzzzzz

ayyychhhhheeeeee wwwwoooooookkkkkkiiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

• Like 1

8 hours ago, garfield said:

I get it.

But talented horse-person-ship doesn't entitle all to be jockeys.

The message to be fit and trim is not a negative one, no matter the desire for political correctness.

Physically fit, you have a point, but being trim and fit are not the same. I was tall and slender in high school and in good enough shape, probably looking similar to kids marching today, but a friend of mine who had a bigger build and was a three season varsity athlete was more fit but would look terrible in many uniforms of today. For the sake of symmetry you could argue height, but suppose we took it one step further and argued that symmetry included race, DCP would be rampant, fans would be outraged, and would look for reasons to disqualify the corps.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Amplification was originally added with the explanation that it would reduce wear-and-tear on mallet instruments and on mallet players' arms, and also that those players could thus be using the performance techniques appropriate to the concert hall.

And they added electronic synths with a justification  it will allow them to reduce the size of the pit. 

Edited by Triple Forte

14 hours ago, xandandl said:

whose costume are you wearing: Madison's, Cavies', or Regiment's with the faux six pack?

Hey there, Cavies have a painted on six-pack too you know!

5 hours ago, MotoSurfBass said:

Hey there, Cavies have a painted on six-pack too you know!

whose costume are you wearing Madison's, or Cavies' and Regiment's with the painted on six packs? Fixed.

And here I thought the Green Machine did not need falsies 'cause their's were real. Boy, what you learn on DCP.:lle:

Edited by xandandl
  • Like 1