Beauteous Birmingham - July 27

59 minutes ago, kbbandman said:

I was telling my wife that very thing a couple of weeks ago.  Their music already brings back quotes from the other two scenes at the end, so why not have the visual reflect and enhance that?

The Blue Stars never complete their show until the final week. What you are asking for just might happen. 

1 hour ago, DCI-86 said:

LOL  Thats like saying the drum line or pit playing over the hornline is disrespecting the hornline.  Voice done well (e.g. Cadets) can be amazing.  

...and done poorly makes for a good meme.

1 hour ago, kinetic inferno11 said:

Well that's it. It was a great night with high energy performances. Nashville tonight. Expect a similar novel to follow it too, lol

Thank-you.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mjoakes said:

Maybe Polonius just thought it was lip synching and made a mistake?

Its possible.. Boston's singer is a member of the Guard. I like the fact she demonstrates a multiplicity of skills as both a Guard marcher that moves throughout the show as an integral component of the Guard, then comes forth ever so briefly to sing in the ballad ( ballad only ). She is not " lip synching ", and by design her voice is meant to blend in to the brass line passages for much of the ballad there ( not an easy feat, and Boston has spent considerable time all pre season to try and get the right blend, balance, texture there between her brief ballad voice and the brass line.). Like anything else, no Corps has everyone liking their show ( any year, any show ). So I'm totally fine with someone that says a Corps show is not their cup of java. Its all right. I just wanted to chime in on the " lip synching " charge to clear the air on that. And even if a Corps did incorporate artificial voice into a show, lord knows theres all sorts of artificial sounds from all sorts of synthetics, electronics, etc that corps are utilizing to enhance the music thru artificial means... including no doubt Corps that medal and win DCI these days now.

• Like 2

Great work, Bones!  Keep at it!

10 hours ago, luv4corps said:

They are not professionals and they pay to do this activity that they love.  Some things are better left unsaid.  

If you haven't got anything nice to say about.............

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

Its possible.. Boston's singer is a member of the Guard. I like the fact she demonstrates a multiplicity of skills as both a Guard marcher that moves throughout the show as an integral component of the Guard, then comes forth ever so briefly to sing in the ballad ( ballad only ). She is not " lip synching ", and by design her voice is meant to blend in to the brass line passages for much of the ballad there ( not an easy feat, and Boston has spent considerable time all pre season to try and get the right blend, balance, texture there between her brief ballad voice and the brass line.). Like anything else, no Corps has everyone liking their show ( any year, any show ). So I'm totally fine with someone that says a Corps show is not their cup of java. Its all right. I just wanted to chime in on the " lip synching " charge to clear the air on that. And even if a Corps did incorporate artificial voice into a show, lord knows theres all sorts of artificial sounds from all sorts of synthetics, electronics, etc that corps are utilizing to enhance the music thru artificial means... including no doubt Corps that medal and win DCI these days now.

Is she off to one front side? I think it was BAC in San Antonio when some of us realized the singer was live and not recorded. We were surprised - in a good way, because the quality was so good. But we didn't notice her (at least right away) as we might have expected.

6 minutes ago, mjoakes said:

Is she off to one front side? I think it was BAC in San Antonio when some of us realized the singer was live and not recorded. We were surprised - in a good way, because the quality was so good. But we didn't notice her (at least right away) as we might have expected.

That was Cascades.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

So I was thinking...what if Blue Stars brought out all three star crossed couples at the end?  Just a thought....

I had the same thought. Especially since the music from the other scenes comes back at the end. 

• Like 1